The Cavaliers top 12

7 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I got to throw their 1998 show in the mix. What an absolutely brilliant show and talk about a bounce back in the right direction after the 97 season. Traditions for a New Era has incredible visuals!

I worship the Machine...but I'm meh the rest of it. 99 is underrated tho

• Like 1

Haven't thought about it much until now, but I realize since I started following DCI in the early 80's the Cavaliers have been for me the most consistently enjoyable corps from year to year.  I don't think there's a single show of theirs that I DISlike (2009 might be the closest).

With all that being said, here is a personal top 12...biased towards the years I have seen them live:

1. 2000 Niagara Falls - still blows me away in terms of music and visual working so well together

2. 1992 Revolution - always remember the hypnotic effect of the backfield guard staging during the ballad portion of Peterloo

3. 1986 - very first live finals...this was a favorite for many years; Canzona was a very underrated opener and the first appearance of the collapsing snake drill IIRC

4. 2003 Spin Cycle - this one spoke to me so much more than the previous 2 championship shows

5. 1995 The Planets - cannot imagine this being interpreted any better, that double helix move had everyone's jaw on the floor

6. 2018 On Madness - favorite modern show from them, just crazy and so much to take in

7. 1989 Gloria - IMO the pinnacle of all the Brubaker drills

8. 1998 Traditions For A New Era - Unexpectedly brilliant...introduced the concept of corps past to corps future 20 years before Metamorph

9. 2004 007 - Yeah, you can't argue with Bondness

10. 1990 Cavalier Anthems - Tough call between this one and 1991, just loved the opener so much this year

11. 1991 Cavalier Advent Anthems - A little safe musically but you could sense their visual possibilities just starting to open up, plus windsocks!

12. 2008 Samurai - Maybe if they had a little more blood on the field they could have topped PR! (hah, jk!) 

• Like 1