Kanstul Reorganization - Any corps left?

49 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Absolutely true. When I marched 27, I cobbled my soprano together from pieces of three old sops. It worked just fine (for an Olds Ultratone). Horns were occasionaly casualties of the 27 colorguard. 😂

I had welds all over that Olds French Horn.  

• Haha 1

I played on a Kanstul Concert Euphonium a few years ago at Chuck Levin's. I thought it was a decent, solid instrument at a fair price. Had I not have what I have... I would have considered one. My personal G Bugle.... I think if I played it every day for serious practice..., I might feel differently. I find it rather uncooperative in many aspects even after a major overhaul that's got it as right as it could be.

On 3/22/2019 at 9:47 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I had welds all over that Olds French Horn.  

Pretty much the same here.

The corps member who was our equipment manager was nothing short of a miracle worker. LOL. She kept our Frenchies together for a year or two longer than any of us could hope for. Sometimes with chewing gum and a prayer. :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 2

Hanover has had their Kanstuls for a while too and know some members were paying out of pocket to maintain when I was there. My main thought was when a replacement is needed they won’t have a matched set of horns if Kanstul doesn’t come back. Used market pretty dried up even without looking for 2v.