Is the quest for high G.E becoming too dangerous

I would like to see some marching demand rather than climbing to ever higher props to stand still and play runs.  It's been so long since I have been impressed by drill move/playing..possibly Crown out of this world where they are playing 32nd note runs AND marching.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

The quest for high score on GE, the competitive aspect, seems to be driving the bus which is creating situations of perceived dangers of things like 3-D staging and acrobatics on stages. What the discussion also entails is a question concerning if a corps fails to utilize modern progressive design, instrumentation, etc, will they score just as well. That is also relevant to how much of a push will continue in moving into more percieved dangerous activity.

The poster was correct. We (including me for responding) have gone far away from the intent of the OP in the thread. It is OK to wander a bit, but we do need to bring it back to dangerous designs, not G/Bb and other irrelevant topics. You can start a new thread if you want. Feel free.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

Please stay on topic...if it has run it"s course then let it be done..otherwise safety vs. GE innovations(good or bad)

Don't forget, as the OP of the thread, you can ask for it to be locked at any point in time, and the admin team will close it for you.

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

My corps does not have someone that can do backflips.  Ergo, we will likely not do backflips this year.  So no, I don't really see it as that big of a deal.

Mike

What didn’t that recruiting for a backflip expert pan out?

(thinking of the recruiting for guitar player thread)

31 minutes ago, MikeD said:

The poster was correct. We (including me for responding) have gone far away from the intent of the OP in the thread. It is OK to wander a bit, but we do need to bring it back to dangerous designs, not G/Bb and other irrelevant topics. You can start a new thread if you want.

So can you.  Better yet, as a moderator, you can parse an ongoing tangential conversation into a separate thread.

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

My corps does not have someone that can do backflips.  Ergo, we will likely not do backflips this year.  So no, I don't really see it as that big of a deal.

Mike

I want contras doing back flips while playing dubstep.

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

The poster was correct. We (including me for responding) have gone far away from the intent of the OP in the thread. It is OK to wander a bit, but we do need to bring it back to dangerous designs, not G/Bb and other irrelevant topics. You can start a new thread if you want. Feel free.

That is fine. I was just trying to show how it went in that direction.

44 minutes ago, Sideways said:

I want contras doing back flips while playing dubstep.

Best we could do last year was have them dance while playing a Mahler / Kendrick Lamar mashup.  (No joke - it's amazing how well some things go together.)

Mike

3 hours ago, MikeN said:

Mike

They can post on their website and FB that they're looking for a backflip expert and offer significant tuition breaks/Scholarships as other corps have done when they need similar kinds of things. :innocent:

I'm sure when they find one the staff will be turning them. :innocent: