Is the quest for high G.E becoming too dangerous

16 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Best we could do last year was have them dance while playing a Mahler / Kendrick Lamar mashup.  (No joke - it's amazing how well some things go together.)

Mike

Heck... if the Cavies could make Mars and My Way work, then anything's possible!!!  LOL

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

Don't forget, as the OP of the thread, you can ask for it to be locked at any point in time, and the admin team will close it for you.

No. but thank you for the head's up

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Heck... if the Cavies could make Mars and My Way work, then anything's possible!!!  LOL

Yeah. I’m not sure that one really worked. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Yeah. I’m not sure that one really worked. 😉

It worked for me... but I'm a huge Sinatra fan, so they could have combined My Way with anything!!!   :laughing:

On 3/24/2019 at 5:41 PM, Stu said:

Which goes back to my original question. If scoring can be just as high without them, then why spend the extra money, time, logistics, etc to have them in the first place?

Who says that the score would not have been higher if they had used the props on that day in that contest? This whole argument is stupid because it presumes something (judge intent with score in that specific contest on that specific day) that no one here has one clue about. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Who says that the score would not have been higher if they had used the props on that day in that contest? This whole argument is stupid because it presumes something (judge intent with score in that specific contest on that specific day) that no one here has one clue about. 

Would they be using the stages, jungle-gyms, stairs, high-wire acts, ladders, human spinning machines, etc if it 'lowered' their score? Nope! They use them to increase GE. So, um, we do have a clue!

32 minutes ago, Stu said:

Would they be using the stages, jungle-gyms, stairs, high-wire acts, ladders, human spinning machines, etc if it 'lowered' their score? Nope! They use them to increase GE. So, um, we do have a clue!

But you are speaking of a specific contest where a corps used their props in an alternate and not intended way due to atmospheric conditions. Someone stated that scores didn't change. I'm making the point that you have ZERO clue if in fact the scores at that contest on that day in that stadium during that unique performance would or would not have been higher had they been able to use their props. So my statement that you have no clue is one of fact. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

But you are speaking of a specific contest where a corps used their props in an alternate and not intended way due to atmospheric conditions. Someone stated that scores didn't change. I'm making the point that you have ZERO clue if in fact the scores at that contest on that day in that stadium during that unique performance would or would not have been higher had they been able to use their props. So my statement that you have no clue is one of fact. 

And it was also posted that the judges choose not to lower the score based on weather related safety issues. So, um, we still have a clue.

Just now, Stu said:

And it was also posted that the judges choose not to lower the score based on weather related safety issues. So, um, we still have a clue.

How do you know that a let's say an18.4 at that show from the GE or Field Vis judge would not have been a 18.7 had they used the props? YOU DON'T. YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE. 

The poster that said they didn't lower the score is also clueless. Lower it from what? The night before? That was a different contest in a different environment that could have had other issues both good and bad to contribute to the score they got that specific night.

• Thanks 3