Is the quest for high G.E becoming too dangerous

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well, didn't seem to help Bluecoats going from 1st in 16 to 5th in 17

Just goes to show that the size of your prop does not matter.  It is all in how you use it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

The show cited was Fort Wayne, Indiana - July 8th, 2014.  Looks like all of their visual caption scores were in their expected slots, as if nothing was amiss.

ok so on 7/6, GEV was 16.9, VP 16.8, Va 17.1 and Guard 16.6

next day off for travel and rehearsal I'd assume

7/8 17.0 GEV, VP 16.9, VA 17.2 and guard 17.1 So with a full day in rehearsal, especially with a jump in the guard score....could the lack of the prop usage really be that big of a deal? Like other stuff didn't get clean that couldn't cause an increase?

next day off for travel/rehearsal I'd assume

7/10 GEV 17.1, VP 17.0, VA 16.8, Guard 17.2.......so maybe some stuff got cleaner, or changes...VA dropped. So really in the grand scheme of things, one singular moment in the show didn't cause the big of an issue in the progression of the season

49 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Just goes to show that the size of your prop does not matter.  It is all in how you use it!

size is always overrated

2 hours ago, Sideways said:

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

size is always overrated

I bet Jeff you've been waiting years to use your reply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you had fog in 94

Did we? I was in the stands that night (raising a family in Michigan kept me off the field). I would not have noticed fog ... there were too many tears in my eyes.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I bet Jeff you've been waiting years to use your reply.

yeah at 6'3" 265 ( yeah down 74 pounds now), size is usually not something I have to discuss except for in bleacher seating when I had to apologize to my neighbors. I'm doing less of that now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Did we? I was in the stands that night (raising a family in Michigan kept me off the field). I would not have noticed fog ... there were too many tears in my eyes.

everyone in the stadium had fog that night

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

ok so on 7/6, GEV was 16.9, VP 16.8, Va 17.1 and Guard 16.6

next day off for travel and rehearsal I'd assume

7/8 17.0 GEV, VP 16.9, VA 17.2 and guard 17.1 So with a full day in rehearsal, especially with a jump in the guard score....could the lack of the prop usage really be that big of a deal? Like other stuff didn't get clean that couldn't cause an increase?

next day off for travel/rehearsal I'd assume

7/10 GEV 17.1, VP 17.0, VA 16.8, Guard 17.2.......so maybe some stuff got cleaner, or changes...VA dropped. So really in the grand scheme of things, one singular moment in the show didn't cause the big of an issue in the progression of the season

Since i'm the one that threw out the Ft. Wayne show, I'll note that in the stands I was sitting next to a BD volunteer who was traveling with them through a leg of the tour.  She felt BD had a rough run and were travel tired and that Bluecoats had found some fire they'd not had in previous runs.  Entirely subjective measures of course, but that's sort of the problem that lies under the scoring system and placements anyway.  

What mattered to me was that both shows (along with Boston's Animal Farm) were incredibly exciting to watch live.  

Boston had just instituted some change to the drill to make that block that jumps over ten yards  that fixed something apparently (I'd not seen the show prior) and those of us up high actually heard a judge remark, "Oh! you fixed that moment, that's very effective" a bit loudly into their tape right before the hit that follows.

9 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Since i'm the one that threw out the Ft. Wayne show, I'll note that in the stands I was sitting next to a BD volunteer who was traveling with them through a leg of the tour.  She felt BD had a rough run and were travel tired and that Bluecoats had found some fire they'd not had in previous runs.  

"Travel tired" coming from Lisle, IL, two days earlier?

No idea. Just saying what I was told.