Has Wayne Downey retired?

22 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

As has Scott Johnson BD percussion. Incredible to think of the years these guys have in with one organization through all the years and their ability to adapt. 

Yeah....this is why the success of BD is epic. Staff turnaround at BD is minimal. But they also teach the up and coming designers like David Glyde and John Meeham and now in charge and the success of BD is nothing more than amazing. Top 3 since 2006 and top four all but once (5th in 1991) since 1975. And of course their titles.

• Like 1

Often wondered if other BD percussion staffers waiting in the wings for X number of years are thinking to themselves, geez are these guys ever going to retire so I can take over? 🙂

2 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Often wondered if other BD percussion staffers waiting in the wings for X number of years are thinking to themselves, geez are these guys ever going to retire so I can take over? 🙂

Could be...but I'd say they're probably rather content since they stick around. As with the rest of the staff. Why not stick around and be on such an innovative team, that's successful, rather than leave for situations that may not be as successful.

• Like 3

I was half-joking. Agreed. You don't be as successful as they are without rule 1 being check your ego at the door. What a remarkable organization. 

• Like 2