I'm boycotting DCI until bugles are made mandatory

If the CEO of DCI is reading this take this as a warning that I will never buy another ticket until you get rid of the b flat instruments. I want my face to be melted off by the majesty of bugles and if you do not comply then consider me not a fan anymore.

BRING BACK BUGLES

So let’s recap:  if Cadets don’t bring back Hopkins, AND if they don’t bring back G bugles, DrumCorpsLover is boycotting. I don’t know. Don’t you have some fresher takes?  These aren’t very original. I was thinking about boycotting DCI unless I get ice cream for supper tonight. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So let’s recap:  if Cadets don’t bring back Hopkins, AND if they don’t bring back G bugles, DrumCorpsLover is boycotting. I don’t know. Don’t you have some fresher takes?  These aren’t very original. I was thinking about boycotting DCI unless I get ice cream for supper tonight. 

What kind of ice cream?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

What kind of ice cream?

Cookies n cream or butter pecan

• Like 1

What the hell is the difference between key of G 3v horns and key of Bb 3v horns. Hope you’re not confusing differences in style of playing and horn construction (3v vs p/r, etc) with key being reason things sound different now.

Have been at DCA shows where some corps G and some Bb. Any slight difference in tone could be attributed to different manufacturers imo.

32 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So let’s recap:  if Cadets don’t bring back Hopkins, AND if they don’t bring back G bugles, DrumCorpsLover is boycotting.

Since Hopkins would not bring back G bugles, I guess that's that.

• Haha 2

Before people threaten boycotting, I say produce ticket stubs, cancelled checks, credit card receipts, proof of mileage and plane trips, that show you actually support drum corps. Support your claim with back issues of “Drum Corps World,” or the now defunct“Drum Corps News,” prove you have the knowledge of folks such as Michael Boo, Jeff Ream, George Dixon, Fran Harding, Terri Scheher, and others, the positivity of HookEmCavies or DrumManTX,  then say you are boycotting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

This thread isn't about george hopkins though I think he deserves to be allowed back into the activity. This thread is about staying true to the original drum corps that we all loved, not this amplified abomination that drum corps has turned into