I'm boycotting DCI until bugles are made mandatory

3 hours ago, DrumCorpsLover said:

If it aint G bugles then it aint drum corps. DCI should change its name to marching band international 

If it aint fast food, then it ain't a fast food . I'm boycotting all fast food restaurants till I get me my fast food the way its supposed to be served.... fast.

Image result for bring back the 50's..... gifs

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrumCorpsLover said:

the 70s-80s. Its been all downhill since then. 

When did you attend your last downhill event DrumCorpsLover ? Just curious as to whether you decided on the bugles or the boycott gig recently, or maybe 35-40 years ago ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrumCorpsLover said:

This thread isn't about george hopkins though I think he deserves to be allowed back into the activity. This thread is about staying true to the original drum corps that we all loved, not this amplified abomination that drum corps has turned into

Hmmmmmm…...I see a Bridgemen show in the making.....

2 hours ago, DrumCorpsLover said:

This thread isn't about george hopkins though I think he deserves to be allowed back into the activity. This thread is about staying true to the original drum corps that we all loved, not this amplified abomination that drum corps has turned into

Do I need to remind you that in an earlier post of yours (your post count is 10 so you should be able to remember) you stated you would boycott DCI unless Hopkins was reinstated.  I'm simply summarizing all of your terms in one place.

• Thanks 1

Just to play devils advocate for a moment, during my son’s 3rd year in DCI he visited me at my house where I keep a few Gs and Bbs lying around. 

He pulled out his old Yamaha trumpet and played some passages from his (then) current show for me. “Not bad.” He then picked up my 2V American Heritage G sop and played the same passes (no 3rd valve work was needed) which of course “sounded” off, but....

“OMG, Dad! Why don’t we play these anymore? I can actually put some air through this thing! Wooo!” :biggrin:

And I, in solidarity with the OP, am boycotting all drum corps contests until June, 20th! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TRacer said:

Just to play devils advocate for a moment, during my son’s 3rd year in DCI he visited me at my house where I keep a few Gs and Bbs lying around. 

He pulled out his old Yamaha trumpet and played some passages from his (then) current show for me. “Not bad.” He then picked up my 2V American Heritage G sop and played the same passes (no 3rd valve work was needed) which of course “sounded” off, but....

“OMG, Dad! Why don’t we play these anymore? I can actually put some air through this thing! Wooo!” :biggrin:

Lol when I got my 3v G I thought either they are making these things differently or I am just getting older.

He should get his hands on a piston/rotor. You could get so much air that you’d screw up the time if you were not careful. That’s how I really learned to listen to myself and the others around me 

7 hours ago, DrumCorpsLover said:

If the CEO of DCI is reading this take this as a warning that I will never buy another ticket until you get rid of the b flat instruments. I want my face to be melted off by the majesty of bugles and if you do not comply then consider me not a fan anymore.

BRING BACK BUGLES

I hope you enjoyed your stay. I, too, love the sound of the G bugle for outdoors, but I am fine with the manufacturers doing what makes best business sense in terms of cost, production, sell rate, and resale factors (not a lot of colleges or high schools looking for bugles). Things have to fund themselves, too. Your entertainment factor and desire to have your face abused by sound are really not a top priority.