Boycott DCI until all instruments and all electronics are allowed.

I want “anything goes” DCI. All age. Any number of members. No field dimension restrictions (still need a way to measure elapsed time on and off field, but that can vary per venue). Tie in to the stadium PA system if you want. Go into the stands; encourage audience participation. But at the very least, allow all instruments and all electronics. (I couldn’t care less if the entire hornline is mic’ed as long as it’s effective. I couldn’t care less if the entire hornline is recorded, and no one actually playing!)

I just want amazing excellence and entertainment. Very few corps are meeting that standard. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bruckner8 said:

I want “anything goes” DCI. All age. Any number of members. No field dimension restrictions (still need a way to measure elapsed time on and off field, but that can vary per venue). Tie in to the stadium PA system if you want. Go into the stands; encourage audience participation. But at the very least, allow all instruments and all electronics. (I couldn’t care less if the entire hornline is mic’ed as long as it’s effective. I couldn’t care less if the entire hornline is recorded, and no one actually playing!)

I just want amazing excellence and entertainment. Very few corps are meeting that standard. 

And I want DCI’s tour to coincide with an Abba reunion tour. And Abba can sing with all corps! Which corps has the b#### to do Dancing Queen?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And I want DCI’s tour to coincide with an Abba reunion tour. And Abba can sing with all corps! Which corps has the b#### to do Dancing Queen?

Interesting note here that might intrigue the Bruckster-ate poster. While the ABBA tour will use live people on stage with instruments, Agnetha, Björn, Benny, and Anni-Frid will actually appear on stage as holograms.

Edited by Stu
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Interesting note here that might intrigue the Bruckster-ate poster. While the ABBA tour will use live people on stage with instruments, Agnetha, Björn, Benny, and Anni-Frid will actually appear on stage as holograms.

Yeah! Holograms too! 

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yeah! Holograms too! 

Notice I said live people on stage with instruments, not people playing instruments live. The live musicians will more than likely be mimic-syncing to recorded music. It is the only way to guarantee perfect sync to the holograms which are, I beleve, cgi constructed from videos of former performances.

But imagine the 20## Blue Devils performing side by side with the 1994 BD, or any other winning show. Bruckmister would likely be in Utopia if for nothing more than the innovative progression of technology!

52 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Done before: Malden Ambassadors 1976. They also played “Make All Our Dreams Come True” (Laverne and Shirley theme) that year.

• Haha 1

I intend to boycott all the boycotts on here till I figure out what I should to do next.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I intend to boycott all the boycotts on here till I figure out what I should to do next.

I did a quick Google search to help you. PETA and “Grab your Wallet” list lots of boycotts.

If you want to boycott all boycotts, you can drive a Caterpillar tractor to Chick-fil-A for a chicken sandwich, have a pint of Ben and Jerry’s for desert, go home and place an order on Amazon, book a flight on Air France, make a craft or two with items purchased at Hobby Lobby, and pay for it all with a loan from Lending Tree. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

If you want to boycott all boycotts, you can drive a Caterpillar tractor to Chick-fil-A for a chicken sandwich, have a pint of Ben and Jerry’s for desert, go home and place an order on Amazon, book a flight on Air France, make a craft or two with items purchased at Hobby Lobby, and pay for it all with a loan from Lending Tree. 

And If I wanted to be even more naughty, I'd wear my Nike Sweatshirt on the Air France Flight, relax, sip an x large coke and watch the NFL Network all the Way to Moscow.

But its cold in Moscow, so I can't forget to take my fur coat along too.:peek:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2