In-show LOLs, in honor of April Fools Day

Boston's Drum Major, on Finals NIght in 2013, after providing his the salute on the podium before the start of Boston's show, then reached over and took a bottle of unopened Johnson's & Johnson's Baby Powder from the podium, and held it up to the judges booth for them all to see, grinning from ear to ear, then slowly but surely took it down so the judges could watch him, and then he put it back on the podium, before turning to his Corps to start their show,. Most here that were around in 2013 know what happened in the Prelims  the day before for BAC to later make that light hearted, harmless, playful gesture with the DCI Finals Night judges up in the booth that night.. I got a kick out of that, and thought it was the quintessential Boston Crusaders there. haha!.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I guess I’m easily amused but I lol every time during the jokes in The Cavaliers Men are from Mars show. 

I know I always groaned at Cavies jokes, but my jokes usually garner groans as well, so sure! (I am also easily amused!)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Boston's Drum Major, on Finals NIght in 2013, after providing his the salute on the podium before the start of Boston's show, then reached over and took a bottle of unopened Johnson's & Johnson's Baby Powder from the podium, and held it up to the judges booth for them all to see, grinning from ear to ear, then slowly but surely took it down so the judges could watch him, and then he put it back on the podium, before turning to his Corps to start their show,. Most here that were around in 2013 know what happened in the Prelims  the day before for BAC to later make that light hearted, harmless, playful gesture with the DCI Finals Night judges up in the booth that night.. I got a kick out of that, and thought it was the quintessential Boston Crusaders there. haha!.

I actually got a bigger kick from BAC the next year when G7 floated across the field!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Since Boston would toss some pairs of white gloves towards the bugle judge(s) if they felt they got screwed or the snares would toss their sticks at the drum judge(s) for the same reason back in the mid 60's, I'd hate to see what might have happened if they were penalized for using baby powder.  

• Haha 3

Regiment’s Carnival of the Animals in 91 had lots of little wink-wink references to other corps if you listen closely. (e.g. twinkle, twinkle, little star and so on)

How about Jersey Surf 04? 

Take the penalty!

http://jerseysurf.org/history/jersey-surf-2004/