DCI Minneapolis

Did I miss the announcement that there will not be a show at the University of Minnesota?  It looks like its been moved to a smaller venue across the Wisconsin line.  This is sad ... I really loved the site in Minneapolis since it was a big OUTDOORS stadium with decent weather.

2 hours ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Did I miss the announcement that there will not be a show at the University of Minnesota?  It looks like its been moved to a smaller venue across the Wisconsin line.  This is sad ... I really loved the site in Minneapolis since it was a big OUTDOORS stadium with decent weather.

That show site has been TBA for a while. I don't know if it was ever meant to be at U of Minnesota.

Too much Row The Boat going on over there. So they moved the show to the beautiful vistas of Menomonie WI

Edited by HockeyDad

wasn't there an article a while ago about some kind of issue with UM and they were looking for a home?

40 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

They moved that big DCI show to Stout? 

It appears, yes

Now if they could release the tickets, that would be great.  Hotels all booked for mid-west tour, starting in Lisle and ending in DeKalb.  Most of the tickets ordered where available.

27 minutes ago, Northern Thunder said:

DCI Minnesota may move into US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis in the future.

I guess I wouldn't mind if that happened - although with the size of the crowd, they may see if the Vikings might consider allowing them to use the new mini-stadium at the TCO Performance Center in Eagan..not downtown, but closer to the airport, M-O-A, and less susceptible to the ongoing freeway issues we always have downtown. - It has a capacity of around 10K , and is open air.  Much more intimate IMHO..

Pat