DCI Minneapolis

1 hour ago, goalieguy said:

I guess I wouldn't mind if that happened - although with the size of the crowd, they may see if the Vikings might consider allowing them to use the new mini-stadium at the TCO Performance Center in Eagan..not downtown, but closer to the airport, M-O-A, and less susceptible to the ongoing freeway issues we always have downtown. - It has a capacity of around 10K , and is open air.  Much more intimate IMHO..

Pat

I think DCI wants an indoor facility.  The sound in the great outdoors was GREAT at TCF Bank, but it seems the days of major outdoor drum corps shows are gone.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bob P. said:

Now if they could release the tickets, that would be great.  Hotels all booked for mid-west tour, starting in Lisle and ending in DeKalb.  Most of the tickets ordered where available.

We haven’t gotten our tickets for Indy yet either. Maybe they’re sending them by pack mule.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Northern Thunder said:

I think DCI wants an indoor facility.  The sound in the great outdoors was GREAT at TCF Bank, but it seems the days of major outdoor drum corps shows are gone.

I guess I haven't joined the 21st yet - only seen 1 show indoors - back in the old RCA dome in Indy when MBI went down for a show a few years ago..

I suspect it's OK, just hard to split the old ear drums indoors, Brian.. I miss the old 2-day prelims getting roasted !

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, goalieguy said:

I guess I haven't joined the 21st yet - only seen 1 show indoors - back in the old RCA dome in Indy when MBI went down for a show a few years ago..

I suspect it's OK, just hard to split the old ear drums indoors, Brian.. I miss the old 2-day prelims getting roasted !

it's because of weather concerns. sound is secondary...maybe even tertiary

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's because of weather concerns. sound is secondary...maybe even tertiary

Twice we had some extremely dangerous weather conditions get in the way at TCF.

The first one (2010) was serious enough to keep a number of people completely away from the show in later years.

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We haven’t gotten our tickets for Indy yet either. Maybe they’re sending them by pack mule.

Just been notified that the Menomonie tickets are up for sale on Monday 8 April.  Allentown tickets ordered.  We refuse to go indoor competitions, which leaves out San Antonio and Indianapolis, so Allentown serves as our "finals".  Been that way since 2007 at Rosebowl.

7 hours ago, Bob P. said:

Just been notified that the Menomonie tickets are up for sale on Monday 8 April.  Allentown tickets ordered.  We refuse to go indoor competitions, which leaves out San Antonio and Indianapolis, so Allentown serves as our "finals".  Been that way since 2007 at Rosebowl.

I hear ya. Indoor stadiums are so bad acoustically it’s just not worth it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Northern Thunder said:

Twice we had some extremely dangerous weather conditions get in the way at TCF.

The first one (2010) was serious enough to keep a number of people completely away from the show in later years.

yup. i mean while Indy keeps selling a great number of seats, you see tons of people in all age groups say they'd love to see finals somewhere else....but the Dome...excuse me roof....keeps DCI there. If there was a decent dome on the East Coast, Allentown would be toast

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yup. i mean while Indy keeps selling a great number of seats, you see tons of people in all age groups say they'd love to see finals somewhere else....but the Dome...excuse me roof....keeps DCI there. If there was a decent dome on the East Coast, Allentown would be toast

Decent dome is an oxymoron.  Even partially covered stadiums, where spectators are covered, are acoustically compromised.  Situation is even worse now with omni-directional speakers, i.e. mid bass.  At least horns are directional, except when amplified, but the rest of instruments are omni-directional, hence large goo and reverberation in large enclosed space.