DCI Minneapolis

On 4/8/2019 at 10:58 PM, Fran Haring said:

I've said this before elsewhere... but the older I get, the more I like the idea of being in an indoor stadium.  LOL. No sun beating down... no rain... air conditioning... all good.

*cough*bringdcifinalstoAtlantasoIcanmeeteveryone*cough*

• Haha 5

To me the most important thing by a long shot is to have good acoustics. There can be 1000 reasons why indoor drum corps is superior to outdoor drum corps. But ruined acoustics is the only one thing that matters to me when it comes to indoor drum corps. So, I’m happy for those who like that indoors environment. But as for me, I’ll take a hard pass. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

To me the most important thing by a long shot is to have good acoustics. There can be 1000 reasons why indoor drum corps is superior to outdoor drum corps. But ruined acoustics is the only one thing that matters to me when it comes to indoor drum corps. So, I’m happy for those who like that indoors environment. But as for me, I’ll take a hard pass. 

I will admit that at the Mercedes Benz Stadium, if you're sitting past the 20's on either side, you really can't hear much. But if you can manage to get in the sweet spot (especially high up,) it's pretty good. I wouldn't compare it to Arrowhead acoustically, but it's pretty #### good. Parking is super easy, nice lot area and souvie area, TONS of food and drink at reasonable prices and the only time I sweated was when Brittany took my debit card to go and buy "ALL of the BK souvies because they're from Colorado and I'm from Colorado." (it was the first time she ever saw drum corps LOL.)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I will admit that at the Mercedes Benz Stadium, if you're sitting past the 20's on either side, you really can't hear much. But if you can manage to get in the sweet spot (especially high up,) it's pretty good. I wouldn't compare it to Arrowhead acoustically, but it's pretty #### good. Parking is super easy, nice lot area and souvie area, TONS of food and drink at reasonable prices and the only time I sweated was when Brittany took my debit card to go and buy "ALL of the BK souvies because they're from Colorado and I'm from Colorado." (it was the first time she ever saw drum corps LOL.)

I sit low.  I hear it all. 

11 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

stadiums with a roof sound great on Flo, so that's where I watch those shows from.

• Like 1