A year ago today

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

" The schools " are not the paragon of good virtue with these decisions either, lets face it  " the schools " themselves have their own public image problems nationally at the moment. Most of these predators were hired and long safe harbored in the Educational Field. Sent from system to system as the apparent result of sub bar and ineffective reporting mechanisms, or just levels of forgiveness with our nation's kids that is just appalling. This unacceptable  level of tolerance for high risk individuals around our Nation's kids is probably just as worse, if not worse than among the DCI Corps, imo. So I really don't see the School Boards here as much of a threat to the DCI Corps, as they apparently have thir hands full already with these bad characters ALREADY in their classrooms throughout the school year, and on their school grounds that they are confronted with. So Summer traveling Drum Corps that use their scholl grounds for 24-48 hours are likely far down their priority list when it comes to providing safety for the students that are on their school grounds.

Yep and even with schools with good reputations they can catch flack from public with other issues. So why take a chance of getting another bad eye with an outside group.

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Again you are on the guilt and innocence bit.... 

Then I will rephrase the question. Since there has been a pedophile problem in one vein of a church, all churches should be scrutinized as possibly harboring child sex offenders and thus denied access to public facilities and err on the side of safety because the possible risk is there, correct? Are you consistent?

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

Then I will rephrase the question. Since there has been a pedophile problem in one vein of a church, all churches should be scrutinized as possibly harboring child sex offenders and thus denied access to public facilities and err on the side of safety because the possible risk is there, correct? Are you consistent?

I added a line stating my opinion does not count as I am presenting what I feel is the schools side of the issue and not mine.... 

But wonder who will do the scrutinizing of corps wanting to use the facilities and how deep should it go. And should the taxpayers foot the bill...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Perception: Interpretation based only on sensory reception.

Reality: The quality or state of actually being true with real certanity.

Perception can and does affect behavior. But it does NOT define nor change what is real/true. The oughtright false teaching of so-called intellectual professors have convienced many that Perception 'is' Reality. So let's put this to the test and see what we/you believe.

There have been dads involved with hockey that have commited crimes against children. The perception then could move to we, especially children, should avoid dads who are involved with hockey until they are proven innocent. Therefore, to be consistent, you must agree that all Hockey Dads should be treated as being guilty until their innocence is proven because that perception makes their guilt actually real/true, correct? Or, is perception not reality?

Perhaps someone else will humor you. I’m not going to dignify this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Are you suggesting that all churches are NOT being scrutinized?  I don’t know where you live but they sure are where I live. Fair?  I don’t know. But life ain’t fair. You cannot legislate how people feel or react to things. And the same people are deciding whether to allow corps to stay at their schools. Seems a pretty simple concept to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Perception: Interpretation based only on sensory reception.

Reality: The quality or state of actually being true with real certanity.

Perception can and does affect behavior. But it does NOT define nor change what is real/true. The oughtright false teaching of so-called intellectual professors have convienced many that Perception 'is' Reality. So let's put this to the test and see what we/you believe.

There have been dads involved with hockey that have commited crimes against children. The perception then could move to we, especially children, should avoid dads who are involved with hockey until they are proven innocent. Therefore, to be consistent, you must agree that all Hockey Dads should be treated as being guilty until their innocence is proven because that perception makes their guilt actually real/true, correct? Or, is perception not reality?

YES!  I AGREE!

Strip him of his epaulettes, tar and feather him, then march him through the gauntlett of pristine-clean school board members who are looking for scalps to ease their collective guilt.

Throw HockeyDad in the slammer, I say!

(What time are cocktails, Dad?)

Edited by garfield

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Perhaps someone else will humor you. I’m not going to dignify this. 

Yep, perception is reality rings well externally until looking in a mirror becmes the same perception.

15 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Are you suggesting that all churches are NOT being scrutinized?  I don’t know where you live but they sure are where I live. Fair?  I don’t know. But life ain’t fair. You cannot legislate how people feel or react to things. And the same people are deciding whether to allow corps to stay at their schools. Seems a pretty simple concept to me. 

Interesting thought... Imagine the crap-storm that would hit drum corps if the CYO still sponsored corps and shows.

(Disclaimer, I know very little about CYO or its programs/operations so please forgive me if I'm misled by the name.)

15 minutes ago, garfield said:

Ouch!

Yep ouch! I also told that to a university professor who maintained that all Christian preachers have pedophile predilections, but he got extremely mad when someone then said all Professors desire to have sexual encounters with their students.