A year ago today

35 minutes ago, garfield said:

Boy, I sure have!  Not just "feels" entitled, but demands that everyone around, no matter the hour or circumstances, acknowledge that they're entitled and way more than deserving of every bit of extra-special treatment they're awarded.

yup. I have heard some horror stories....and not from you!

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

But it has little impact because it is just one more convenient excuse placed on a list with hundreds of other convenient excuses. Which sums it up even more.

anything...i repeat anything....that can give a potential housing site an excuse to say no has had an effect. Quit being obtuse

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

1) just another straw to break the camels back

2) what’s the difference between a “convenient excuse” and an “real reason” other than opinion

And thinking about it I wouldn’t put too much trust in numbers concerning how many predators there were in the past. Too much got ignored or hidden by many groups. DCI is late getting their crap together on this.

way late, something danced around in this thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

So late they haven’t had much of a track record on how much things have changed. And that is the real acid test for a lot of people. 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

1) just another straw to break the camels back

2) what’s the difference between a “convenient excuse” and an “real reason” other than opinion

Real Reason: This specific person in this specific group has an issue. So in the name of safety...

Convienient Excuse: We heard that at some time in the past some person in group had some sort of an issue; and because of that, even though there is no evidence whatsoever, we determine all other groups may possibly, might, could have, something similar. So in the name of safety....

Just now, Stu said:

Real Reason: This specific person in this specific group has an issue. So in the name of safety...

Convienient Excuse: We heard that at some time in the past some person in group had some sort of an issue; and because of that, even though there is no evidence whatsoever, we determine all other groups may possibly, might, could have, something similar. So in the name of safety....

Like I said opinion..... you need a person and others may just need DCIs crappy track record in the past

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

anything...i repeat anything....that can give a potential housing site an excuse to say no has had an effect. Quit being obtuse

I agree with ya!!!! I am just contending that a school administrator who pulls it out of the hat likely did not want the corps there in the first place and it is one of many other excuses.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Very much true. I'm surprised (honestly pleasantly surprised) that no one chimed in with the "You just gotta understand that times were different back then" thing. Generally speaking, most large entities avoid taking a proactive approach to this sort of thing. They tend to do EXACTLY what DCI has done which is to ride out their lucky streak at just not getting caught. And when faced with the reality that they DID get caught, they're so poor at being proactive in the first place, that they just sit there and stare at you like a kid who just got caught smoking by dad. 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Like I said opinion..... you need a person and others may just need DCIs crappy track record in the past

You accuse DCI of a crappy track record, and it is up to the accuser to supply evidence. So, please quantify the alleged crappy track record concerning the hundreds-of-thousands who have been involved with DCI from 1972 to the present. And is that record lower, equal to, or worse than other entities with the same issues? It is up to the accuser to supply the evidence.

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

You accuse DCI of a crappy track record, and it is up to the accuser to supply evidence. So, please quantify the alleged crappy track record concerning the hundreds-of-thousands who have been involved with DCI from 1972 to the present. And is that record lower, equal to, or worse than other entities with the same issues? It is up to the accuser to supply the evidence.

Here we go with the trial bs again. 

Crappy track record.... Cadets, Crossmen, Pioneer (how long was #### reported until something was done), Pacfic northwest corps where whole staff quit. All the YEARS (decades) that DCI had absolutely NO policy in place to to protect members, not even a freaking process for people to even report anything. So who knows what went on and kids had no where to turn.

I’m talking all things that impacted member safety. And asking for hard numbers BITD is garbage for any group due to non reporting or hiding. 

And my final word as tired of repeating myself for the third day. I don’t give a #### if DCI is better or worse than anyone else. They delayed doing anything for way too long and now are paying the price. Imo only way out is continue to do what needs to be done so others can see it

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 3