A year ago today

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

anything...i repeat anything....that can give a potential housing site an excuse to say no has had an effect. Quit being obtuse

I thought about this. Sometimes, just eliminating any potential excuses and narrowing it down is at least a moral victory even if one doesn't get what they wanted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Here we go with the trial bs again. 

Crappy track record.... Cadets, Crossmen, Pioneer (how long was #### reported until something was done), Pacfic northwest corps where whole staff quit. All the YEARS (decades) that DCI had absolutely NO policy in place to to protect members, not even a freaking process for people to even report anything. So who knows what went on and kids had no where to turn.

I’m talking all things that impacted member safety. And asking for hard numbers BITD is garbage for any group due to non reporting or hiding. 

And my final word as tired of repeating myself for the third day. I don’t give a #### if DCI is better or worse than anyone else. They delayed doing anything for way too long and now are paying the price. Imo only way out is continue to do what needs to be done so others can see it

I get your point here, Jim, but it is a bit misleading in the way you present it.  DCI DID have a policy related to member safety: the corps handle it.  DCI's office was to relay any reports to the corps after determining if a call to the authorities was mandated.

It's not that they didn't have ANY policy, it's that their policy was not centralized so the appearance was that they didn't have a policy.

Just now, garfield said:

I get your point here, Jim, but it is a bit misleading in the way you present it.  DCI DID have a policy related to member safety: the corps handle it.  DCI's office was to relay any reports to the corps after determining if a call to the authorities was mandated.

It's not that they didn't have ANY policy, it's that their policy was not centralized so the appearance was that they didn't have a policy.

Ok thanks for the info. So if I’m reading this right the members contact someone in the corps. What was the policy if they did not feel comfortable going to the corps. That’s a biggie in our policy as useless to go to the first line (aka your boss) if they are the culprit

Another stray thought clipped me gar. How long did DCI have the old policy and how often was it reviewed? Thanks

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Here we go with the trial bs again. 

Crappy track record.... Cadets, Crossmen, Pioneer (how long was #### reported until something was done), Pacfic northwest corps where whole staff quit. All the YEARS (decades) that DCI had absolutely NO policy in place to to protect members, not even a freaking process for people to even report anything. So who knows what went on and kids had no where to turn.

I’m talking all things that impacted member safety. And asking for hard numbers BITD is garbage for any group due to non reporting or hiding. 

And my final word as tired of repeating myself for the third day. I don’t give a #### if DCI is better or worse than anyone else. They delayed doing anything for way too long and now are paying the price. Imo only way out is continue to do what needs to be done so others can see it

Out of the mentoned corps, how many known convicted sexual offenders were employed? Trying to determine if this was isolated like Penn State or systemic like the Catholic Church.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Out of the mentoned corps, how many known convicted sexual offenders were employed? Trying to determine if this was isolated like Penn State or systemic like the Catholic Church.

Said I’m done repeating Stu. Go play with someone else as I try to do something better with the rest of my life

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok thanks for the info. So if I’m reading this right the members contact someone in the corps. What was the policy if they did not feel comfortable going to the corps. That’s a biggie in our policy as useless to go to the first line (aka your boss) if they are the culprit

If the abuse is real, file a police report.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

If the abuse is real, file a police report.

Jesus Christ go take a training session on sexual harassment/sexual assault and learn what you’re talking about 

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Said I’m done repeating Stu. Go play with someone else as I try to do something better with the rest of my life

Oops, I keep forgeting that you do not care.

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Jesus Christ go take a training session on sexual harassment/sexual assault and learn what you’re talking about 

So if real sexual abuse is happening you should not file a police report?

Edited by Stu