A year ago today

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Um, again, I was just an observer but I think forever.  How often was it reviewed?  No clue.  But unless there was a reason to add a DCI-centralized policy structure, there wasn’t even a reason to consider such.

Ooh I wasn't thinking anything specific to add. Its just a good idea to review SH/SA policies every now and then to see if there are shortcomings or if anything can be improved. Plus any society changes that need to be addressed. Know our training changed over the decades. First big change was discussing women as the harasser and not always victim. Then they put their big boy boots on and admitted there can be same sex harrassment. Not to mention pieces brought up in the internet age-

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, garfield said:

I get your point here, Jim, but it is a bit misleading in the way you present it.  DCI DID have a policy related to member safety: the corps handle it.  DCI's office was to relay any reports to the corps after determining if a call to the authorities was mandated.

It's not that they didn't have ANY policy, it's that their policy was not centralized so the appearance was that they didn't have a policy.

Dci is the corps 

10 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

What was the topic suppose to be about again?

The improvements in dci since the first article came out. But well then the bulldozer showed up and Perry Masons Show began 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

What has changed in the past year?

Not the ability for a poster to derail a thread ( and it could be anyone)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ooh I wasn't thinking anything specific to add. Its just a good idea to review SH/SA policies every now and then to see if there are shortcomings or if anything can be improved. Plus any society changes that need to be addressed. Know our training changed over the decades. First big change was discussing women as the harasser and not always victim. Then they put their big boy boots on and admitted there can be same sex harrassment. Not to mention pieces brought up in the internet age-

You presume there was a formalized policy to consider.  I’d bet it was simply nothing to consider to change the policy.  Essentially, “Push everything down to the corps...  Anyone want to change that?”  Crickets. 

Again, I wasn’t there, but the policy to push downstream was.

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

You presume there was a formalized policy to consider.  I’d bet it was simply nothing to consider to change the policy.  Essentially, “Push everything down to the corps...  Anyone want to change that?”  Crickets. 

Again, I wasn’t there, but the policy to push downstream was.

Not sure if it's presuming or just bad choice of words from lack of knowledge. But your responses helped in my history lesson thanks