A year ago today

7 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

"This is to be about how we think dci in general and the activity as a whole has improved, dropped balls or can improve."

And your input for our deep consideration is...?

26 minutes ago, garfield said:

I can’t speak specifically for all generations but, in my day, if you didn’t get resolution from the corps people, we called our parents and/or police

I get your point being that DCI should provide that next level but, the evolution of that solution is a relatively new happening.  When I marched I knew there was a DCI but I never thought of that .org as somehow in my resolution chain of command. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but at least two posters have informed us that involving law inforcement when real verifiable child sex abuse is happening is a bad idea. I think one even said a Very dangerous idea. Or did I read that wrong?

Edited by Stu

Just now, garfield said:

And your input for our deep consideration is...?

It was a quote from the original poster. And my point was the same one the OP made just a few posts ago, about the thread drifting and derailing.

No need for the attitude. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but at least two posters have informed us that involving law inforcement when real verifiable child sex abuse is happening is a bad idea. I think one even said a Very dangerous idea. Or did I read tgat wrong?

Reporting that one Stu as just a flat out lie... You've twisted words in the past to get responses but to do it concerning sexual harassment and minors is sick. 

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Reporting that one Stu as just a flat out lie... You've twisted words in the past to get responses but to do it concerning sexual harassment and minors is sick. 

When I stated file a police report your response was to use the Lord's name and say I was cluless for suggesting to file a report. And someone else posted it was a very dangerous statement. So again, when verifiable abuse is happening, are they to call police and file a report or not?

Edited by Stu

17 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

It was a quote from the original poster. And my point was the same one the OP made just a few posts ago, about the thread drifting and derailing.

No need for the attitude. Thanks.

Nm

Edited by garfield

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

When I stated file a police report your response was to use the Lord's name and say I was cluless for suggesting to file a report. And someone else posted it was a very dangerous statement. So again, when verifiable abuse is happening, are they to call police and file a report or not?

For everyone benefit the concern was where could members turn to if they don't trust the corps to handle harassment. Stu comment they should just call the cops. Having training that is not a good idea imo. And weaklefthander said that thinking the answer is have kids go to cops on their own is a dangerous idea. The reason is kids usually do not know how to handle this or will be open to more hell, so dumping it in their laps and say "call the cops" is dangerous.

No one ever calling the cops is dangerous which is the lie.

But a minor having to go to the police on their own because they don't trust anyone else to help them is a horrible last resort.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

For everyone benefit the concern was where could members turn to if they don't trust the corps to handle harassment. Stu comment they should just call the cops. Having training that is not a good idea imo. And weaklefthander said that thinking the answer is have kids go to cops is a dangerous idea. The reason is kids usually do not know how to handle this or will be open to more hell, so dumping it in their laps and say "call the cops" is dangerous.

No one ever calling the cops is dangerous which is the lie

The average age for a corps member is 18 to 19. These are not kids but young adluts who can speak for themselves just fine. And the majority of the rest are upper higschool mid-teens; again not young kids who cannot handle calling the cops and telling the truth. If they were elementry or junior high age that would be a different matter.