Troopers 2019 >"<

Had a curious question when watching the corps this past Sunday. I personally don't remember ever seeing a female drum major for the corps(I could be totally wrong). My question is, "If this is the first female drum major they have ever had did that play play into changing the uniforms and more importantly the drum major's uniform?" Over the years I remember the corps changing the uniforms in some way, but the DM never changed. 

Just curious and not here to create some conspiracy theories. 

30 minutes ago, Dream Theater said:

Had a curious question when watching the corps this past Sunday. I personally don't remember ever seeing a female drum major for the corps(I could be totally wrong). My question is, "If this is the first female drum major they have ever had did that play play into changing the uniforms and more importantly the drum major's uniform?" Over the years I remember the corps changing the uniforms in some way, but the DM never changed. 

Just curious and not here to create some conspiracy theories. 

I have no information to offer at all, but here's my take on it: It makes it easier to do a major uniform transition because of the difference in gender on the podium. I love my corps, and I loved when I marched. I'm so glad they've taken this step. It's been a long time coming. Now it's time to actually do more and push forward.

Yeah, it's kind of funny that after all these years, they just ripped the band aid off with no real fanfare, and now because of how radically everyone else is changing their look, it's just "huh - they did it."  Good for them!

Mike

• Like 3

Just finished watching Live Stream of A Capital 4th on youtube and a new video was posted by The Troopers entitled "Be America - 2019"

Thank you Troopers - You are still "America's Corps"

Also

Troopers On Tour Episode 1: Out West

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Tupac said:

Congrats to the 2019 Troopers for besting the Scouts last night for the first time since 1973.

I was trying to recall when the last time that happened. Eventually I thought, surely it hasn't been since '73??

1 minute ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I was trying to recall when the last time that happened. Eventually I thought, surely it hasn't been since '73??

my understanding is they beat them more recently like in 2007, 2008, & 2009 or at least around that time if not during all three years