WGI & FloMarching

Congratulations on your much deserved win,  Pride of Cincinnati!

Best to all who participated....cannot wait to see the DCI guards this Summer...major talent out there.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Speaking of the Bluecoats Guard, it was unfortunate to see they had a Sound malfunction last nite. It caused them a delay in their start to their show after being alerted to start. It caused them a 1.4 point penalty, and 2 placement positions as a result of that 1.4 pt penalty. Thats most unfortunate and regrettable when it happens to the performers as its something that is completely beyond their control.

I saw that.  I was thinking that WGI may not be as forgiving about that kind of thing as DCI is. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I saw that.  I was thinking that WGI may not be as forgiving about that kind of thing as DCI is. 

DCI is only forgiving on timing penalties at the beginning of the season. At championships, they would not be forgiving. 

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

DCI is only forgiving on timing penalties at the beginning of the season. At championships, they would not be forgiving. 

Agree about DCI

WGI has been forgiving IF it was not by fault of the unit BUT ( and it has happened ) if it is by the fault of the unit a penalty is warranted and no forgiveness.

Examples I have seen is a staff person taking to much time to set the unit up Or the unit itself doing this. Music issues due to the unit and those issues do happen from time to time. Overall timing.

Penalties are usually  mistakes and we know what that means

In independant open class MBI lost their sound mid-show during prelims. They continued counting it out for about a minute and then they restarted from the beginning. From what I saw though it was the facilities system that had the flaw.  I have no idea how that effected the judging or what impact it had on the performers doing a restart after you have done half the show.

Enjoyed Finals last night 6 rows from the arena floor on the Exit Side of the performance space. 

It was great sitting in the kiss and cry area - mostly crying - when the talent would burst into joyful tears of release  - realizing that the season of hard work was finished.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

In independant open class MBI lost their sound mid-show during prelims. They continued counting it out for about a minute and then they restarted from the beginning. From what I saw though it was the facilities system that had the flaw.  I have no idea how that effected the judging or what impact it had on the performers doing a restart after you have done half the show.

Well, judging should be restarted also. Now how it affects performers can be something different. I've seen performers fall apart and I've seen performers turn it on even more.

4 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Well, without naming Corps names here,  but some of us here recall not that long ago when a Finalist's Corps Mic system was so screwed up on Finals Night, it made the singer soloists delivery of their solo come thru to judges and audience alike as if it was delivered through a snorkeling tube underwater in the Caribbean or some such. But were the judges forgiving of that completely botched solo on Finals Night ?  Some would conclude, Yes... they were forgiving of it, imo. The Bluecoats sound system created the timing issue yesterday that resulted in their penalty. No negative repercussions seemingly took place when a similar sound system snafu completely botched a soloist's solo in performance later in the season at Championships a couple of years back however.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Well, without naming Corps names here,  but some of us here recall not that long ago when a Finalist's Corps Mic system was so screwed up on Finals Night, it made the singer soloists delivery of their solo come thru to judges and audience alike as if it was delivered through a snorkeling tube underwater in the Caribbean or some such. But were the judges forgiving of that completely botched solo on Finals Night ?  Some would conclude, Yes... they were forgiving of it, imo. The Bluecoats sound system created the timing issue yesterday that resulted in their penalty. No negative repercussions seemingly took place when a similar sound system snafu completely botched a soloist's solo in performance later in the season at Championships a couple of years back however.

Are not your first two sentences and the last one above B about the same situation?