WGI & FloMarching

Broken City.  Sublime, precise, stunning.  

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I didn't get to watch PIO runs today but Reddit is saying a generator on the floor with them.  Some question as to whether it'd been set up this way all along without a penalty before finals or not.

holy cow...if they did this all year and no one said anything....

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Broken City.  Sublime, precise, stunning.  

jaw dropping

16 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

jaw dropping

And record breaking.  A really well deserved win 98.8 something it was?

EDIT 98.850

Edited by KVG_DC

14 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Holy crap, Infinity. This show is pure fun.

Circus theme with endless moments.  When the tenors came out on those 8 foot stilts and did a marching forward feature I thought I'd lost my mind.  Bass feature was super fun too, got the place clapping as they did their flip the basses and play across the heads thing.  

That was great.  I loved it. 

I appreciated the Flomarching interviews of Directors, etc. after performances.  Specifically loved Daniel Wiles "Telestration" of the show. Very insipring !

He mentioned a Blessed Sac uniform hanging in a dry-cleaning bag in the right front corner of the floor. Apparently "Mr.Tanner" was used by Sac in 1990, and Avon wanted to reference that. Very cool  !!

I say every year that the level of talent can't get any better, but again found myself yelling at the TV screen. Super-humans ! 

Shout-out to Fantasia, Imbue, and Diamante. I think at some point in each of these shows, the entire guard is tossing synchronized rifle 5's and nothing hits the floor !!! C'mon ! 

Excited for next year already !

Edited by EastCoast30YearFan

On 4/13/2019 at 6:09 PM, fifer said:

So what caused a 10 point penalty for Violet Crown Independent?   They would have come in second instead they ended up in 13th place!!!

[repost from Reddit threads]

Driver / Prop guy here.

Exactly that happened; at no point during the season was the generator on the performance floor. We needed power to "turn on" the battery devices that power the light posts. That step occurred right at the building entrance: gen on, power on, lights on, gen off, lights stay on. That's it. Nobody thought just having the genset on a prop cart would even catch anyone's eye. In fact, it didn't.

You're correct that we passed MANY WGI officials, however the generator was buried under the pile of white posts wouldn't have been seen by anyone under normal circumstances. Clearly once the show was setup and underway, the gen was clear as day tucked in the corner of the performance floor.

Hindsight is always 20/20, especially in a breakout year for the group. VC is only 3 years old and hadn't made it out of prelims until this year where we could have finished 2nd. Nobody wants to end the season in soul crushing defeat, however our name is out there now. We'll recover, rebuild, and remain a formidable competitor while enriching the lives of our student performers!

1 hour ago, michaeldellario said:

[repost from Reddit threads]

Driver / Prop guy here.

Exactly that happened; at no point during the season was the generator on the performance floor. We needed power to "turn on" the battery devices that power the light posts. That step occurred right at the building entrance: gen on, power on, lights on, gen off, lights stay on. That's it. Nobody thought just having the genset on a prop cart would even catch anyone's eye. In fact, it didn't.

You're correct that we passed MANY WGI officials, however the generator was buried under the pile of white posts wouldn't have been seen by anyone under normal circumstances. Clearly once the show was setup and underway, the gen was clear as day tucked in the corner of the performance floor.

Hindsight is always 20/20, especially in a breakout year for the group. VC is only 3 years old and hadn't made it out of prelims until this year where we could have finished 2nd. Nobody wants to end the season in soul crushing defeat, however our name is out there now. We'll recover, rebuild, and remain a formidable competitor while enriching the lives of our student performers!

they actually have name recognition now, as people will want to cheer the underdog

• Like 1