WGI & FloMarching

Wait. You can have electrical things but you can’t show the thing that provides the power?  Haha. 

Posting this in the hopes that someday flomarching will listen to me..lol.

Went to Dayton for the first time this year.  A bit of a brutal experience..so many performances and not enough sleep.

The live shows were thrilling, have a long list of my faves below. Onyx just blew me away, what an incredible show!

A friend had recorded the flomarching coverage of some of the performances and I could not believe how much they missed.  They seemed to consistently move the camera away from some incredible solo dancers.  Stayed way high up during show set-ups, so missed a bunch of action.

In general I really love watching the shows on flomarching but when I get to a live show and see how much their cameras miss, it boggles my mind.  I would love it if they were able to move their camera from so high up to more of a front of house view...

My very incomplete list of faves.  There were many many more faves, just couldn’t keep making notes.

Paramount open, MBI, JSU, Avidity independent, Delazure, Enzo, Pegasus!, Ovation, Light brigade, Georgia state uni, Fiu, Alta marea, Seminole hs, Les eclipes , The district independent presented by etude!, Alliegance, George mason university!, Sensation performance ensemble!, Amp winterguard!!!, Onyx!!!!, ETUDE, El capitan hs, Dartmouth hs, Milford hs , McNeil hs, Arvin hs, Fishers hs, Bell brook hs, Northview hs,Stoneman, Douglas hs, Warren central hs, Shenendehowa hs. Flanagan hs, Lyman hs, Norwin hs, West broward hs.

Quite sad that colorguard season is over..

On 4/13/2019 at 9:18 PM, KVG_DC said:

Holy crap, Infinity. This show is pure fun.

Circus theme with endless moments.  When the tenors came out on those 8 foot stilts and did a marching forward feature I thought I'd lost my mind.  Bass feature was super fun too, got the place clapping as they did their flip the basses and play across the heads thing.  

My son was one of those tenors.  :)

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, newBACmom said:

My son was one of those tenors.  :)

Excellent.  They looked to be having a blast on those stilts at retreat too.

33 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Excellent.  They looked to be having a blast on those stilts at retreat too.

They were.  My son is the leader, so he was the one in front who led them to retreat, and was then joined by a second tenor.  They will both be with BAC this summer -- my son as his second and age-out year, and his friend as a rook-out.

• Like 3

On 4/15/2019 at 8:20 PM, HockeyDad said:

Wait. You can have electrical things but you can’t show the thing that provides the power?  Haha. 

would you want a gas generator inside the performance area where gas could leak?

On 4/15/2019 at 10:05 PM, Sasha1 said:

Posting this in the hopes that someday flomarching will listen to me..lol.

Went to Dayton for the first time this year.  A bit of a brutal experience..so many performances and not enough sleep.

The live shows were thrilling, have a long list of my faves below. Onyx just blew me away, what an incredible show!

A friend had recorded the flomarching coverage of some of the performances and I could not believe how much they missed.  They seemed to consistently move the camera away from some incredible solo dancers.  Stayed way high up during show set-ups, so missed a bunch of action.

In general I really love watching the shows on flomarching but when I get to a live show and see how much their cameras miss, it boggles my mind.  I would love it if they were able to move their camera from so high up to more of a front of house view...

My very incomplete list of faves.  There were many many more faves, just couldn’t keep making notes.

Paramount open, MBI, JSU, Avidity independent, Delazure, Enzo, Pegasus!, Ovation, Light brigade, Georgia state uni, Fiu, Alta marea, Seminole hs, Les eclipes , The district independent presented by etude!, Alliegance, George mason university!, Sensation performance ensemble!, Amp winterguard!!!, Onyx!!!!, ETUDE, El capitan hs, Dartmouth hs, Milford hs , McNeil hs, Arvin hs, Fishers hs, Bell brook hs, Northview hs,Stoneman, Douglas hs, Warren central hs, Shenendehowa hs. Flanagan hs, Lyman hs, Norwin hs, West broward hs.

Quite sad that colorguard season is over..

it seems Flo doesn't consult with the indoor groups like Tom Blair does with DCi for the end of the season

Disappointed with the Infinity members that were drunk on retreat.  Save it for the after party if that’s needed.  One of their members was throwing up in the back right of the floor after the scores wrapped up. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

Disappointed with the Infinity members that were drunk on retreat.  Save it for the after party if that’s needed.  One of their members was throwing up in the back right of the floor after the scores wrapped up. 

that's not good. I hope WGI is aware and is dealing with it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

That is extremely troubling!