Sign in to follow this  
George Dixon

WGI & FloMarching

Recommended Posts

Wait. You can have electrical things but you can’t show the thing that provides the power?  Haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting this in the hopes that someday flomarching will listen to me..lol.

Went to Dayton for the first time this year.  A bit of a brutal experience..so many performances and not enough sleep.

The live shows were thrilling, have a long list of my faves below. Onyx just blew me away, what an incredible show!

A friend had recorded the flomarching coverage of some of the performances and I could not believe how much they missed.  They seemed to consistently move the camera away from some incredible solo dancers.  Stayed way high up during show set-ups, so missed a bunch of action.

In general I really love watching the shows on flomarching but when I get to a live show and see how much their cameras miss, it boggles my mind.  I would love it if they were able to move their camera from so high up to more of a front of house view...

My very incomplete list of faves.  There were many many more faves, just couldn’t keep making notes.

Paramount open, MBI, JSU, Avidity independent, Delazure, Enzo, Pegasus!, Ovation, Light brigade, Georgia state uni, Fiu, Alta marea, Seminole hs, Les eclipes , The district independent presented by etude!, Alliegance, George mason university!, Sensation performance ensemble!, Amp winterguard!!!, Onyx!!!!, ETUDE, El capitan hs, Dartmouth hs, Milford hs , McNeil hs, Arvin hs, Fishers hs, Bell brook hs, Northview hs,Stoneman, Douglas hs, Warren central hs, Shenendehowa hs. Flanagan hs, Lyman hs, Norwin hs, West broward hs.

Quite sad that colorguard season is over..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 9:18 PM, KVG_DC said:

Holy crap, Infinity. This show is pure fun.

Circus theme with endless moments.  When the tenors came out on those 8 foot stilts and did a marching forward feature I thought I'd lost my mind.  Bass feature was super fun too, got the place clapping as they did their flip the basses and play across the heads thing.  

My son was one of those tenors.  :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, newBACmom said:

My son was one of those tenors.  :)

Excellent.  They looked to be having a blast on those stilts at retreat too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Excellent.  They looked to be having a blast on those stilts at retreat too.

They were.  My son is the leader, so he was the one in front who led them to retreat, and was then joined by a second tenor.  They will both be with BAC this summer -- my son as his second and age-out year, and his friend as a rook-out.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 8:20 PM, HockeyDad said:

Wait. You can have electrical things but you can’t show the thing that provides the power?  Haha. 

would you want a gas generator inside the performance area where gas could leak?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 10:05 PM, Sasha1 said:

Posting this in the hopes that someday flomarching will listen to me..lol.

Went to Dayton for the first time this year.  A bit of a brutal experience..so many performances and not enough sleep.

The live shows were thrilling, have a long list of my faves below. Onyx just blew me away, what an incredible show!

A friend had recorded the flomarching coverage of some of the performances and I could not believe how much they missed.  They seemed to consistently move the camera away from some incredible solo dancers.  Stayed way high up during show set-ups, so missed a bunch of action.

In general I really love watching the shows on flomarching but when I get to a live show and see how much their cameras miss, it boggles my mind.  I would love it if they were able to move their camera from so high up to more of a front of house view...

My very incomplete list of faves.  There were many many more faves, just couldn’t keep making notes.

Paramount open, MBI, JSU, Avidity independent, Delazure, Enzo, Pegasus!, Ovation, Light brigade, Georgia state uni, Fiu, Alta marea, Seminole hs, Les eclipes , The district independent presented by etude!, Alliegance, George mason university!, Sensation performance ensemble!, Amp winterguard!!!, Onyx!!!!, ETUDE, El capitan hs, Dartmouth hs, Milford hs , McNeil hs, Arvin hs, Fishers hs, Bell brook hs, Northview hs,Stoneman, Douglas hs, Warren central hs, Shenendehowa hs. Flanagan hs, Lyman hs, Norwin hs, West broward hs.

Quite sad that colorguard season is over..

it seems Flo doesn't consult with the indoor groups like Tom Blair does with DCi for the end of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed with the Infinity members that were drunk on retreat.  Save it for the after party if that’s needed.  One of their members was throwing up in the back right of the floor after the scores wrapped up. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

Disappointed with the Infinity members that were drunk on retreat.  Save it for the after party if that’s needed.  One of their members was throwing up in the back right of the floor after the scores wrapped up. 

that's not good. I hope WGI is aware and is dealing with it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

Disappointed with the Infinity members that were drunk on retreat.  Save it for the after party if that’s needed.  One of their members was throwing up in the back right of the floor after the scores wrapped up. 

That is extremely troubling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.