Bluecoats and Thank You Scientist

28 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yeah, OK, I was being a jerk. Hey! I called myself a name! 

nah you weren't

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yeah, OK, I was being a jerk. Hey! I called myself a name! 

I agree with Jeff. Didnt think you were being a jerk at all. /shrug

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I agree with Jeff. Didnt think you were being a jerk at all. /shrug

and if anyone knows what jerks are like, i just look in the mirror, though it usually uses a different word to describe me

• Haha 2

On 4/13/2019 at 8:30 PM, flammaster said:

There is a reason drum corps was always different from BAND and this is the main one.

Full disclosure: I am not that familiar Thank You Scientist and it’s not exactly my style, but I am 56. A few generations ago I would have been one step away from enjoying Lawrence Welk on Saturday evenings and being grateful for Geritol. 

Guardsmen were featured in a Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial around 1976, Bridgemen’s percussion hawked Twix bars in the 1980’s. I’m sure there are other corps in other situations where some considered them not drum corps.

Now a well known musical act that is classic is Fleetwood Mac. In the song “Tusk” the USC marching band joins them. Do you think if they asked a popular California drum corps to join them, such as Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard, or Freelancers to join them, they would have refused? 

Edited by Tim K

Geritol. Classic. One of the last great snake oil salesmen. I think the idea was that the elderly are tired because their blood is iron deficient. Enter Geritol. And the elderly target audience explains why they were a sponsor of the Lawrence Well show. 

Edited by HockeyDad

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Full disclosure: I am not that familiar Thank You Scientist and it’s not exactly my style, but I am 56. A few generations ago I would have been one step away from enjoying Lawrence Welk on Saturday evenings and being grateful for Geritol. 

Guardsmen were featured in a Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial around 1976, Bridgemen’s percussion hawked Twix bars in the 1980’s. I’m sure there are other corps in other situations where some considered them not drum corps.

Now a well known musical act that is classic is Fleetwood Mac. In the song “Tusk” the USC marching band joins them. Do you think if they asked a popular California drum corps to join them, such as Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard, or Freelancers to join them, they would have refused? 

they'd have jumped. Look at the acts with the drumlines coming out in concert....drum corps are approached to provide players and get some recognition at most of the events

tys has some amazing musicians

bloo has some amazing musicians

amazing musicians + amazing musicians = ___________________________________________?

not sure how anybody can cast a pejorative light on this...unless it's trolling.  if it's trolling, it's very well-executed, and i can appreciate it.