Bluecoats and Thank You Scientist

5 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

The fact that someone thinks Thank You Scientist is a mainstream pop band only interested in fame is absolutely hysterical to me. 

don't let facts ruin a good rant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

don't let facts ruin a good rant

Or even a bush league rant.

(As far as rants go, this one was less than compelling.)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

I'm glad this finally came out. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Very cool project with a super cool group of musicians. The kids in the Bluecoats enjoyed performing with TYS. I know I enjoyed watching them put this together. And, hopefully, a few people who would not have otherwise looked at Drumcorps or the Bluecoats will gain respect for the activity we love.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Or even a bush league rant.

(As far as rants go, this one was less than compelling.)

I’m trying to be entertaining 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’m trying to be entertaining 

Oh, you are. I am referring to the rant you are referring to (or maybe I’m confused).

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Or even a bush league rant

I realized that you know you're at least in your mid 40s when you know what Bush League refers to without having to look it up. 

I still am of the opinion that it's pretty #### cool that TYS and Bluecoats did this. Sharing a musical connection cross genre is an amazing way to move music forward and maybe plant sole positive seeds for our activity.

9 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I realized that you know you're at least in your mid 40s when you know what Bush League refers to without having to look it up. 

I still am of the opinion that it's pretty #### cool that TYS and Bluecoats did this. Sharing a musical connection cross genre is an amazing way to move music forward and maybe plant sole positive seeds for our activity.

I concur. It is very cool. I may have my rants confused. And thanks, being a guy who marched in the ‘70s, I’ll take mid 40s anytime!

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Oh, you are. I am referring to the rant you are referring to (or maybe I’m confused).

no we're on the same page. i am just trying to have fun with it

23 hours ago, flammaster said:

I never said they were not "Talented" (which itself is a fallacy better known as PRACTICE). I do and have many times called out BD for doing stupid stuff.  Yowza.  I thought Tommy was a lame show and would have been ten times lamer with vocals.  Just because they are legal now doesn't mean you can't call them out.  Session 44 was one of the very few instances where a vocalist actually did work.  The only thing missing from this band is a bunch of Murses and a fixie bike.  I am unrepentant in calling out  stupid crap. the new BD uniforms are even more a joke and they know I can't stand them.  nice try.

bd = blue devils

bc= blue coats

Would have been cool to see this video come out during the height of recruitment/audition season!  That surely would’ve created some excitement!