NYS Drum and Bugle Corps HoF

I started something on FaceBook and many replies....

Tom Peashey said NY does not have one yet PA and NJ have had one for decades.

Many names could be grandfathered in due to be in World DCHoF but so many more from Upstate NY Corps of bygone days!

19 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I started something on FaceBook and many replies....

Tom Peashey said NY does not have one yet PA and NJ have had one for decades.

Many names could be grandfathered in due to be in World DCHoF but so many more from Upstate NY Corps of bygone days!

Typical upstater forgetting L.I. once again

with its five or six circuits back in the day, DCA winning Sunrisers, Jr. contender Selden Cadets, All-Girls DCI winner St. Ignatius, 15th place DCI and Am. Legion champ Long Island Kingsmen, World Class instructor and DCI judge/DCI HoFer Paul Litteau who spent time with the USAF at Westhampton Beach while teaching the Medford Golden Grenadiers, natives such as Wayne Downey (Smithtown Freelancers marcher who went on to teach SCV and BD), Kevin & Moe Smith (St. James Saints marchers, directors, before founding Carolina Crown,) etc., etc., etc.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A New York Hall of Fame would be cool.... and as Xandandl says, Long Island (and NYC) would be a significant part of that, without question. 

Here in Maryland, we recently held the 20th annual induction ceremony/banquet for the Maryland Drum and Bugle Corps Hall of Fame.  A lot of drum corps history, and its fair share of well-known corps and people,  in a relatively small state. 

• Like 1

I think I don't think about LI because during the 70's when I marched we NEVER saw those corps. The first and only time I saw Kingston Indians  (who is Upstate)was in a show at Greece, NY in 1976.

Sorry

6 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I think I don't think about LI because during the 70's when I marched we NEVER saw those corps. The first and only time I saw Kingston Indians  (who is Upstate)was in a show at Greece, NY in 1976.

Sorry

It's Holy Week and Passover. You have to be forgiven.

Yes, the Upstate corps never seemed to afford the toll monies across the Hudson.  The only time the L.I. corps usually saw Upstate corps was at Legion States usually held in Binghampton but never with any judging not from the Rochester-Syracuse-Binghampton triangle. You can guess the results.

P.S. Bing-hampton is no where near Hampton Bays, Southampton, North Hampton, East Hampton or Westhampton and Beach; that is, those Hamptons the rest of the world knows about and which comprise the southern of the twin forks at the end of L.I.

Edited by xandandl

• 2 weeks later...

And like that......the post is dead!

On 4/26/2019 at 7:04 AM, KeithHall said:

And like that......the post is dead!

Unfortunately, very little traffic on these pages anymore.