2019 Minnesota Brass Town Hall Meeting Saturday, April 27

1 hour ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Per a post I've seen elsewhere today, it's pretty much across all sections (if, perhap, to varying degrees). Indications seem to be that numbers so far haven't been strong enough for a high quality Class A corps.

Hoping for the best here. DCA simply cannot afford to lose more corps.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:04 PM, BigW said:

Yes, but how does one get a stake or qualify to have a stake in MBI? That's where I'm curious.

Hey folks - having been at the meeting on said Saturday, I can only say that most of last year's membership issues continue..That being Brass numbers.. I have been away from active involvement due to a number of semi-serious health issues over the last 6 months - and after 40+ years of observation, Minnesota must not have any more brass players or converts that have an interest in the program, or would rather go out of town to march...  I'm waiting to hear about their next situation decision, because we should already have 1/2 of the drill taught already..:mad:   Hoping to hear soon..  BTW - anyone who cares about the unit, past present or future - has a stake in MBI

Pat

Edited by goalieguy
BTW - anyone who cares about the unit, past present or future - has a stake in MBI
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, goalieguy said:

Hey folks - having been at the meeting on said Saturday, I can only say that most of last year's membership issues continue..That being Brass numbers.. I have been away from active involvement due to a number of semi-serious health issues over the last 6 months - and after 40+ years of observation, Minnesota must not have any more brass players or converts that have an interest in the program, or would rather go out of town to march...  I'm waiting to hear about their next situation decision, because we should already have 1/2 of the drill taught already..:mad:   Hoping to hear soon..  BTW - anyone who cares about the unit, past present or future - has a stake in MBI

Pat

Thanks, Pat... and I hope your health improves, my friend!!!

On 5/15/2019 at 2:48 PM, grenadasmoothie said:

Per a post I've seen elsewhere today, it's pretty much across all sections (if, perhap, to varying degrees). Indications seem to be that numbers so far haven't been strong enough for a high quality Class A corps.

thats not good. Seems the DCI OC corps nearby may have caused a dent

Edited by Jeff Ream

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

thats not good. Seems the DCI OC corps nearby may have caused a dent

And those are some promising corps, but they have yet to come close to being anywhere near as good as MBI was just three years ago.

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

And those are some promising corps, but they have yet to come close to being anywhere near as good as MBI was just three years ago.

I hear that.

One point out of first place in 2016.... and one of DCA's most consistent top-tier corps since they first broke into the top 5 in 1998.

Their sudden demise/downturn has been stunning.

Edited by Fran Haring

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

no, but it's DCI, and no Labor Day schedule conflict with school stuff