2019 Drum Corps Tour

20 minutes ago, gak27 said:

That's quite the list! And I love the link to the Winking Lizard Beer Tour (West Akronite, here...)

For sure I'll be at the August Akron show, maybe the June Massillon show as well...

I'm working on my fifth straight tour jacket and first hoodie. I almost always go to the Montrose one. If you're doing the prelims cinecast at Montrose Movies, we could meet for did and drink prior to the start. 

• Like 1

I'll definitely attend DCI in Atlanta because it's so close to home. Hopefully some DCP folks will be there. I'm going to try to sucker Britt into Williamsport to root on CV. I truly miss marching, but alas, this body just isn't able to take ot anymore plus I have the Great Southern Billiards Tour events to play in.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, kevingamin said:
Now that I follow and attend indoor events during the winter and spring, there is a sense of withdrawal which takes place between WGI Championships and the start of the drum corps season. Fortunately, that period is only for a couple months, but it's still there. In order to get myself psyched for the upcoming season, I love to plan out what shows I will go to throughout the summer for both DCI and DCA. That plan is what you see on this page.

I'll be super interested in your take on corps you see in the theater in Detroit then days later in Massillon, then again much later at a TOC show in Akron,  when they've developed the shows and improved performance levels (or may not so much).  Travel safely all summer.  Love your writing and commentary.

3 hours ago, kevingamin said:

I'm working on my fifth straight tour jacket and first hoodie. I almost always go to the Montrose one. If you're doing the prelims cinecast at Montrose Movies, we could meet for did and drink prior to the start. 

I have three jackets myself but gave since moved away from Lizardville. I miss the Lizard. I may have to go to the Akron and/or Massillon shows and get my Lizard fix.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

2 hours ago, kevingamin said:

I will DEFINITELY keep that in mind - when I do get to go to BL&L, I go to Montrose...

I'm beginning to think pre show Winking Lizard gatherings may be in order. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevingamin said:

I'm beginning to think pre show Winking Lizard gatherings may be in order. 

The Lizard is always on my pre show itinerary and frequently on my post show itinerary as well!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1