DCI Finals Travel Plans

5 hours ago, SNModdison said:

Somewhat on topic: is anyone else a part of the Friends of DCI? I put a deposit and purchased tickets back in September and have yet to receive tickets. When is that supposed to happen? I've already booked all my travel arrangements and it's a little unsettling that it's been 7 months and we've received nothing from DCI. 

I spoke with them on Monday and settled on seats. Moving to 100 level this year for the sound. Really like the 200 level, I’m still peasant enough to warrant that glass barrier cutting my view in half.

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

I spoke with them on Monday and settled on seats. Moving to 100 level this year for the sound. Really like the 200 level, I’m still peasant enough to warrant that glass barrier cutting my view in half.

I sat behind a plexiglass thing in Foxboro in 2005. It was awful. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

What plexiglass?  Gotta know for future purchases 🙂

I have found at LOS that above the 100 seating, one never wants to be in the first three rows of a section due to the plexiglass.  It is in front of row one as a preventive barrier from falling/jumping. The plastic glass does dullen/soften sound; for some, like me with eye problems, the ever dirty plastic glass also distorts the "crispness" of what one is seeing on the field. Usually a seat from row 3 up of any of the 200-600's sections of the stadium puts you above the plexiglass distortions of sight and music.  Results may vary for others. My comments are based on my experience with my height challenge and audio factors.

A similar experience exists for some of the seating at Mercedes-Benz/Atlanta. Perhaps a Georgian who has been there for more than one drum corps event could give a fuller answer for there.

Check with the Texans about San Antonio. Things may have changed since I was last there.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tim K said:

Mine too!

Goose The Market calls mine, a couple miles away but well worth the drive.

22 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I did the trip last year.  Look into AirBnB for lodging.  The hotels downtown are unbelievably expensive.  I got a whole house within 15 minutes of the stadium for under $90/night.  A short Uber ride was inexpensive as well. 

two years ago I did the trip, last minute, set up a room for one night at red roof in, apparently one of the CORPS stayed there the night before, I think they had some kind of rookie initiation in the room, there was something on the floor that I could only imagine was something disgusting, went to the front with my complaint, got no satisfaction, so I left, and they still charged me. Spent the night across the street from Lucas on finals night, hanging out with a bunch of corps alum. in a bar, had a great time, spent the night in my car.

Still deciding if I plan to travel to the nearest theater (3 hours) to see the Tour Premiere event. 

Not sure that the 6-corps lineup is worth it, but tickets go on sale tomorrow (4/26) so I should probably decide soon. 

9 minutes ago, Lance said:

Still deciding if I plan to travel to the nearest theater (3 hours) to see the Tour Premiere event. 

Not sure that the 6-corps lineup is worth it, but tickets go on sale tomorrow (4/26) so I should probably decide soon. 

The corps participating and the crowd at the theater are the two things that get me.  If the crowd has been historically strong, its worth the trip.  At the very least, you feed the hunger of missing the activity for the past 9 months with same-minded fans.

I didn't even realize the Tour Premiere was in theaters. Thanks for the tip. There's one close to here showing it.