DCI Finals Travel Plans

17 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

What plexiglass?  Gotta know for future purchases 🙂

I never sat in 200 in Indy but in Foxboro in 2005, there was this wall of plexiglass in front of us. Plus, it was 95 degrees and it made it unbearable. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Don’t forget to pack your bodhran in carry on to keep it safe 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/24/2019 at 9:59 AM, SNModdison said:

Somewhat on topic: is anyone else a part of the Friends of DCI? I put a deposit ...

Somewhat adjacent topic... I booked a hotel room thru DCI, but the hotel (Hyatt Place) didn't send me a confirmation, nor could they confirm my booking. Turns out "VisitIndy" manages the DCI room blocks until July 24, after which VisitIndy turns the names/reservations over to the hotel to finish managing.

--tg

11 hours ago, siletzspey said:

Somewhat adjacent topic... I booked a hotel room thru DCI, but the hotel (Hyatt Place) didn't send me a confirmation, nor could they confirm my booking. Turns out "VisitIndy" manages the DCI room blocks until July 24, after which VisitIndy turns the names/reservations over to the hotel to finish managing.

--tg

I stay at the Fairfield and book directly. I used the VisitIndy site a few years back. I got double booked at the Fairfield downtown and the Fairfield near the airport. The Fairfield claimed it happens frequently. That may have been an excuse but I wasn’t going to argue since I didn’t want to have to pay for two rooms. It turned out fine. The Downtown Fairfield was able to fill the reservation right away and though the airport Fairfield required an Uber, I ended up saving some money. I’ve also had issues when booking through AAA though not for a trip to Indy. 

12 hours ago, siletzspey said:

--tg

When booking through the VisitIndy site, you’re guaranteeing a room, but the hotel doesn’t actually receive your booking until closer to the event.