2019 Music City -- Of Mice & Music

I didn't see a Corps thread for Music City for 2019, so here goes.

Show Title: Of Mice & Music

• Like 3

Looks like an upbeat show.  I've heard parts of the music at the F&F's performances from recent camps and they are supposed to play more of it tomorrow at the F&F's show.  One of the sections I've heard has a little of Gershwin's "American in Paris" feel to it - it was fun to listen to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Looks like an upbeat show.  I've heard parts of the music at the F&F's performances from recent camps and they are supposed to play more of it tomorrow at the F&F's show.  One of the sections I've heard has a little of Gershwin's "American in Paris" feel to it - it was fun to listen to.

I hope to hear some more (off the record, of course) when The Daughter gets back from camp.  She's helping out on Guard staff this season.  When things become official, I'll post more.

• Like 3

There were rumors of a streamed show & tell this afternoon, but nixed due to copyright issues.  Also -- I don't know how much they would allow to go public at this time.  Oh, well ... only a few more weeks.

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

There were rumors of a streamed show & tell this afternoon, but nixed due to copyright issues.  Also -- I don't know how much they would allow to go public at this time.  Oh, well ... only a few more weeks.

I was there.  Low brass has new Jupiter horns - huge sound coming out of the horn line.  Also, got to hear the first 5 or 6 minutes of the show with brass & percussion.  As almost everyone says who goes to any corps' April camp, they sounded like top 10 material.  Well, they did!  And yes, it's a fun, upbeat show.  Lots of excitement all around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Should be another great year for Music City!!!

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 9:47 PM, RetiredMusTeach said:

I was there.  Low brass has new Jupiter horns - huge sound coming out of the horn line.  Also, got to hear the first 5 or 6 minutes of the show with brass & percussion.  As almost everyone says who goes to any corps' April camp, they sounded like top 10 material.  Well, they did!  And yes, it's a fun, upbeat show.  Lots of excitement all around.

When I saw them this past season, I thought WOW!! and said to friends that they would be  a top 12 corps but maybe 2 years down the road. Maybe Sooner?

• Like 3

On 4/28/2019 at 11:47 PM, RetiredMusTeach said:

MC’s trademark has been presenting straight laced choices in a fun and exciting way !! Look forward to seeing and hearing it 

• Like 2

There are a good number of DCI alums running big high school programs in Nashville. Lots of kids growing up hearing about Phantom, Bluecoats, Boston and Crown. Some of the bands here are doing amazing halftime shows. It’s a good time to launch a world class corps here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bucbari said:

When I saw them this past season, I thought WOW!! and said to friends that they would be  a top 12 corps but maybe 2 years down the road. Maybe Sooner?

I was thinking about this.  What corps have the potential to enter the top 12 and/or be a perinneal finalist? 

Cascades did it in 2002 and we haven't heard from them since.  

Academy was there recently but seemed to have been stagnant the past 2 years.

Mandarins just did it and they weren't foolin' getting to 10th place but can they stay there? 

SOA just had a huge upswing this past year and the pendulum is swinging their way.

I think MCDC has a lot of potential as they have been a favorite of mine and many other fans the past 2 years and I thought their placement didn't reflect how good they really are.  They will obviously place higher just due to the fact that OC is done and BDB and SCVC aren't coming to Indy. But they still have to pass PC, Madison, the Colts, the Troop, the Academy, just to get 14th then you are looking at passing at least 2 of the following: SOA, XMen, Phantom, or the Mandarins to crack the top 12.  I don't see BK or the Blue Stars leaving the top 12 anytime soon. Not impossible but certainly a big challenge for this great up and coming group!