2019 Music City -- Of Mice & Music

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

Caught their show last night at MetLife stadium.  Felt that the musicians played very well with what they were given.  

Other than that, I'll just say that ... I really liked their 2018 show!

Yep, it was going to be a hard road following Hell on Wheels.  But there's some really beautiful music in this lighthearted show, the kids love the show and are having a great time, and I'm looking forward to their first appearance on FloMarching July 6 at DCI Orlando to see close-ups of their acting chops.  I think it will add to our enjoyment and understanding of the show.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Yep, it was going to be a hard road following Hell on Wheels.  But there's some really beautiful music in this lighthearted show, the kids love the show and are having a great time, and I'm looking forward to their first appearance on FloMarching July 6 at DCI Orlando to see close-ups of their acting chops.  I think it will add to our enjoyment and understanding of the show.

Mice should be well-received in Orlando.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I'm looking forward to their first appearance on FloMarching July 6 at DCI Orlando to see close-ups of their acting chops. 

Saw them last night at Metlife.

From when they first walk on the field,till they walk off,the kids do a  great job of "selling" the theme.

Just wondering if,by the end of the season,they'll introduce a cat or two ?

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

they caught fire later in the season last year as the buzz grew, and thats when they really took off. I have a hunch we may see more of the same this year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know where they are rehearsing in Orlando? I have to bring one of their Guard techs a sandwich. 

1 hour ago, ContraFart said:

Anyone know where they are rehearsing in Orlando? I have to bring one of their Guard techs a sandwich. 

Seabreeze High School 2700 N Oleander Ave Daytona Beach, FL 32118

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

About the show from the MCDC Program Coordinator, Tracy Carter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If you've got the time, this new interview of Tim Hinton talking with Tracy Carter about Music City's show and corps philosophy is so well done and very interesting.  She mentions, and expands on the idea of Music City deciding last year to try to do things that aren't being done that much in drum corps.

https://marchingartseducation.com/music-city-2019-design-concepts-for-of-mice-and-music/

• Like 1