If the Champions were absent...

NOTE:  I'm trying to work around the 403 FORBIDDEN error, so I'll be editing/adding to this initial post until it is complete or I give up.  Please be patient.

Edit:  Maybe -- it's working now.

I don't know if this will work or not, but:  What if (for one season) every Corps that has won the DCI World Championship competed in a special "Champions only" class?  What would the remaining World Class Top 12 look like?  This works out nice since there are 22 WC Corps, 8 (active) have won the Championship, leaving 14 to pick from.

Pick your new 2019 Top 12 (or 14) MINUS the following Corps:

Blue Devils
The Cadets
The Cavaliers
Santa Clara Vanguard
Madison Scouts
Phantom Regiment
Carolina Crown
Bluecoats

I'm not really good at racking and stacking, but here goes:

1. Boston Crusaders
2. The Academy
3. Music City
4. Mandarins
5. Blue Stars
6. Crossmen
7. Spirit of Atlanta
8. Troopers
9. Pacific Crest (my homer pick)
10, Colts
11. Blue Knights
12. Genesis
13. Cascades
14. Jersey Surf

I realize many folks may need to wait until shows/reps are announced, so you ARE allowed to change your mind.

Edited by CrownBariDad

Interesting topic. Logically speaking based on recent standings. 

1. Boston. They run away and are undefeated for the season.

2. Blue Stars (peaking at 2nd again!)

3. Blue Knights 

4. Mandarins

2-4 battle throughout the season but this the order they finish in

5. SOA

6. XMen

7. Academy

8. Troop

9. MCDC

10. Colts

The 5-10 group is relatively tight throughout the season but not as crazy of a battle as 2-4

11. Pacific Crest

PC is on their own island the whole season

12. Genesis

13. Cascades

14. Surf

The bottom group is somewhat close too.

While I love MCDC and the Academy I wouldn't see them making THAT big of a jump

15 minutes ago, FTNK said:

nice try G7

lol !... not sure that was the OP's intent, but yes, it inadvertently perhaps sort of fell together that way a bit in the 2 groupings... haha!

Madison Scouts were not part of the original G7 plan... there are 8 here. But its darn close to the original G7 in this first A grouping.

I would not want to speculate on who would win, nor place where, in the Class B group... its a fantasy grouping by now anyway, and would never happen to even give it much thought any more on who would be the winner, nor the remaining Top 12  in that particular fantasy division any more.

Edited by BRASSO

5 hours ago, FTNK said:

nice try G7

I had originally had a sentence about this NOT being about the Tour of Champions or G7, but suspected there was a filter on the website prohibiting mentioning those terms, thus sending the post into 403 Forbidden limbo. So I removed it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

lol !... not sure that was the OP's intent, but yes, it inadvertently perhaps sort of fell together that way a bit in the 2 groupings... haha!

Madison Scouts were not part of the original G7 plan... there are 8 here. But its darn close to the original G7 in this first A grouping.

I would not want to speculate on who would win, nor place where, in the Class B group... its a fantasy grouping by now anyway, and would never happen to even give it much thought any more on who would be the winner, nor the remaining Top 12  in that particular fantasy division any more.

You must be great fun at parties. Aw c'mon, give it a go.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Interesting topic. Logically speaking based on recent standings. 

1. Boston. They run away and are undefeated for the season.

2. Blue Stars (peaking at 2nd again!)

3. Blue Knights 

4. Mandarins

2-4 battle throughout the season but this the order they finish in

5. SOA

6. XMen

7. Academy

8. Troop

9. MCDC

10. Colts

The 5-10 group is relatively tight throughout the season but not as crazy of a battle as 2-4

11. Pacific Crest

PC is on their own island the whole season

12. Genesis

13. Cascades

14. Surf

The bottom group is somewhat close too.

While I love MCDC and the Academy I wouldn't see them making THAT big of a jump

This is a closer to what I was thinking as well with maybe the exception of Mandarins placement wise. I would like to see one more strong and consistent year from them before I go all in. I think I might bump SOA up to 4th. I have no other reason than consistency to say that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I had originally had a sentence about this NOT being about the Tour of Champions or G7, but suspected there was a filter on the website prohibiting mentioning those terms, thus sending the post into 403 Forbidden limbo. So I removed it.

No harm.. no foul. I really thought it was not your intent, but glad to hear you confirm it now.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Herk said:

I think it would a shoot out between Boston and BK for #1 and #2.

The rest, I don't care about.

Which was one of the aims of this thread -- to discuss some of the other Corps who don't get as much attention during the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3