The Texas Triangle

DFW area:

- The Dallas Aquarium is pretty neat. 

- 6th Floor Museum ( Dealey Plaza...Kennedy assassination) 

- Ballpark in Arlington (under a different name now I believe) is still one of the neatest places to see a ballgame. 

Houston area:

- NASA. All the history there and the exhibits are very impressive. 

San Antonio area:

- Obviously, Remember the Alamo 

- Riverwalk area is awesome 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:48 AM, Hook'emCavies said:

Thinking about doing the same, except drive everywhere. Still not sure about the Katy show though.... if you go to that one get their as SOON as possible. If you don't you will run the risk of missing the first couple of performances. Unfortunately the parking situation there is not great and if you can take seat cushions in the stadium, do it. 

I'm only flying into DFW.  Driving the triangle has been my plan all along.  Spend the off day in San Anonio, then five hours+ back to Dallas for Mesquite.

Can anyone provide feedback on seat cushions/bleacher seat attachments (Back) for Denton, Katy and Mesquite?

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 8:30 AM, OldSnareDrummer said:

DFW area:

- The Dallas Aquarium is pretty neat. 

- 6th Floor Museum ( Dealey Plaza...Kennedy assassination) 

- Ballpark in Arlington (under a different name now I believe) is still one of the neatest places to see a ballgame. 

Houston area:

- NASA. All the history there and the exhibits are very impressive. 

San Antonio area:

- Obviously, Remember the Alamo 

- Riverwalk area is awesome 

I always have a great time in San Antonio.  You have to work at it to have a bad time there. 

Save yourself some time and $$$. San Antonio has everyone you'd see if you went to all 4 shows in one show. Then you can spend some time taking in the culture of the town/state.

Hopefully they fixed the seating problem in the Mesquite show.  Last year seating for the show was a complete disaster. A lot of people with tickets never made it into the show because of the long lines and those that got in didn’t end up sitting in their purchased seats.

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

Then you can spend some time taking in the "culture" of the town/state.

bow legged marchers carrying yellow roses and farting extra hot chili in horribly hot weather conditions is now known as "Culture?"  Give it back to Mexico officially.

2 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Save yourself some time and $$$. San Antonio has everyone you'd see if you went to all 4 shows in one show. Then you can spend some time taking in the culture of the town/state.

Money is already spent on tix and flight.  This plan is set.  Just trying to get info on the stadiums after recommendations regarding the seating.  Uber/Lyft and early arrival are obvious for all locations from the hotels.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I'm only flying into DFW.  Driving the triangle has been my plan all along.  Spend the off day in San Anonio, then five hours+ back to Dallas for Mesquite.

Can anyone provide feedback on seat cushions/bleacher seat attachments (Back) for Denton, Katy and Mesquite?

I have never been to the Mesquite show and the Denton show is at a different stadium from last year.  Katy is metal benches.  I went to the DCI show there last year and a high school marching contest there in the fall.  It's a great stadium for watching shows, but last year I learned at the DCI show to take my stadium seats to the high school contest.