The Texas Triangle

On 5/1/2019 at 6:05 PM, WaxDCIFan said:

The most important good news is that there is a Buccee’s on every leg of your trip.

That is the best part! Welcome to texas will not work if there is not a Buccee's along the way! 

From Dallas to Houston, plan to stop at the Madisonville Buc-ee’s.

From Houston to San Antonio, plan to stop at the Luling Buc-ee’s.

From San Antonio to Dallas, plan to stop at the Temple Buc-ee’s and at the Czech Stop in West (the original check stop on the east side of the highway).

If you find yourself looking for time to kill in DFW, Grapevine is just north of the airport and a nice town to walk up and down the strip. The Rangers ballpark is just south of the airport next to the Cowboys stadium, Texas Live!, and the new indoor ballpark that they are building.

The 6th floor museum is really interesting in downtown Dallas, but watch out for traffic.

If you have questions about the craft beer scene or restaurants to go to, I can make a list for that as well.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:47 PM, Rileydog said:

Babes Chicken House is a must in the DFW area 

I'm guessing you have seen recent pictures of me since you keep mentioning restaurants  :lol: :beer:

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Go to Taco Cabana at least once.  There are several in San Antonio (one by Alamo) & Dallas / Foat Wuth;  not sure of other places.  Best fast Tex / Mex there is

• Haha 1

Considering stopping in Austin on the way up to Mesquite. Lots of amazing BBQ around these parts.

Or maybe just grab some P. Terry's (local burger fast food chain).

More generally, grab some Whataburger at some point.

6 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

Just pray that the Mesquite show is run a little better this year. Last year was a real nightmare.

I'm staying within walking distance of this show for this exact reason.  Won't have to deal with parking and will get there early.

On 5/20/2019 at 11:54 PM, jeffmolnar said:

Just pray that the Mesquite show is run a little better this year. Last year was a real nightmare.

I didn't go to that show last year, but I am going this year.  What happened?  I want to be prepared before I get there.

7 hours ago, momrod2000 said:

I didn't go to that show last year, but I am going this year.  What happened?  I want to be prepared before I get there.

They had big problems at the will call line and a lot of people who wanted to get into the show were substantially delayed and missed a good portion of the show just waiting in line for their tickets. We actually gave our seats to a set of parents who were about to miss their kid perform. They also made mistakes in numbering the seating sections so that most people ended up sitting somewhere other than were they had bought seats for. It was chaos in the stands at every break.

2 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

They had big problems at the will call line and a lot of people who wanted to get into the show were substantially delayed and missed a good portion of the show just waiting in line for their tickets. We actually gave our seats to a set of parents who were about to miss their kid perform. They also made mistakes in numbering the seating sections so that most people ended up sitting somewhere other than were they had bought seats for. It was chaos in the stands at every break.

WOW!!!!  So the people who had their tickets in hand and the people picking up their tickets from will call had issues?  Hopefully both problems are resolved for this year.