The Texas Triangle

On 5/22/2019 at 10:01 AM, momrod2000 said:

I didn't go to that show last year, but I am going this year.  What happened?  I want to be prepared before I get there.

They numbered the “seats” in the stands (just pieces of tape with a number on a portion of bleacher) differently than they were labeled on the website or even when sold at will call. So if you showed up to where you thought you were sitting based off the chart, it was actually the opposite side. Tons of confusion with people sitting in other seats. Because of this the back up to even get through the tunnels to the stairs took forever, it would take at least 2 corps performances to even get to where you were sitting, except it wasn’t actually where you were sitting, so you had to either argue with other people or go back and start the process again. The “staff” were just local band parents who had no idea what was going on. The whole thing was just a mess.

Edited by jeffmolnar

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, jeffmolnar said:

They numbered the “seats” in the stands (just pieces of tape with a number on a portion of bleacher) differently than they were labeled on the website or even when sold at will call. So if you showed up to where you thought you were sitting based off the chart, it was actually the opposite side. Tons of confusion with people sitting in other seats. Because of this the back up to even get through the tunnels to the stairs took forever, it would take at least 2 corps performances to even get to where you were sitting, except it wasn’t actually where you were sitting, so you had to either argue with other people or go back and start the process again. The “staff” were just local band parents who had no idea what was going on. The whole thing was just a mess.

This is great info.  Please keep it coming.  I suspect these Texas shows are some of the most attended shows outside of the Finals and the big regional shows.  The seat back info is alos helpful.

• 1 month later...

One week until I fly down for the Texas Triangle.  With all of the strong corps this year, I don't believe I could have picked a better year to sweat my b&*#%s off.

Who else is gong to all four shows over the five days?

• Like 1

sounds like a wonderful Idea,  I may look into this for next year

For those coming to Texas this week, here are the current hourly forecasts for the outdoor shows this week.
Denton weather forecast
Show time 93 degrees with a feels like of 96 degrees
Score time 85 degrees with a feels like of 88 degrees

Belton weather forecast
Showtime 93 degrees with a feels like of 100 degrees
Score time 85-88 degrees with a feels like of 92-95 degrees

Katy weather forecast
Showtime 90 degrees with a feels like of 99 degrees
Score time 81 degrees with a feels like of 88 degrees

Remember, it will be warmer than this at any rehearsals you may be going to and in the lot before the show.  Take care of your self so you can enjoy the shows.  Hydrate, don't die-drate.

Edited by momrod2000
correct link to weather forecast
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, momrod2000 said:

For those coming to Texas this week, here are the current hourly forecasts for the outdoor shows this week.
Denton weather forecast
Show time 93 degrees with a feels like of 96 degrees
Score time 85 degrees with a feels like of 88 degrees

Belton weather forecast
Showtime 93 degrees with a feels like of 100 degrees
Score time 85-88 degrees with a feels like of 92-95 degrees

Katy weather forecast
Showtime 90 degrees with a feels like of 99 degrees
Score time 81 degrees with a feels like of 88 degrees

Remember, it will be warmer than this at any rehearsals you may be going to and in the lot before the show.  Take care of your self so you can enjoy the shows.  Hydrate, don't die-drate.

I just saw the weather report for Denton. 102 for a high on Thursday. 

HYDRATE!

• Like 1