The Texas Triangle

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

It's a go!  Flight is purchased, tickets for all show are purchased (Katy top side center is already sold out 😫)  and car is rented. Now it's the lodging. No good options in Mesquite for AirBnB and no hotels within walking distance for Denton. I'm going to make it work. 

After hosting corps at my school for the past several years, I'm taking a year off and hitting as many shows as I can. Allentown tailgate will be set up as always across from the HamFam. Just a different opportunity to do the Texas run.

Will your A-town burgers be a Texas souvenir?

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

Will your A-town burgers be a Texas souvenir?

I was raised in Milwaukee. All my friends know it's all about the brats and beer when I'm working the grill no matter what location I am at.   🌭🍻

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I was raised in Milwaukee. All my friends know it's all about the brats and beer when I'm working the grill no matter what location I am at.   🌭🍻

Even with me... thanks to my HS German teacher who introduced us to the goodness of brats, Weisswurst, and Knackwurst. You have the good German Curry ketchup and Dusseldorf style mustard? 

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Even with me... thanks to my HS German teacher who introduced us to the goodness of brats, Weisswurst, and Knackwurst. You have the good German Curry ketchup and Dusseldorf style mustard? 

If that is a request from someone stopping by my tailgate, in true Wisconsin tradition, I will make it happen.  

All my Wisconsin faithful will back me on the openness of our tailgates. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

If that is a request from someone stopping by my tailgate, in true Wisconsin tradition, I will make it happen.  

All my Wisconsin faithful will back me on the openness of our tailgates. 

Well, south Texas does have quite a bit of German influence, including many restaurants that serve brats and such. (I don’t usually seek them out, though, because my stomach normally  can’t handle it.)

8 hours ago, year1buick said:

Well, south Texas does have quite a bit of German influence, including many restaurants that serve brats and such. (I don’t usually seek them out, though, because my stomach normally  can’t handle it.)

Yes, isn't that Waterslide there in New Brunsfels monikered with some German sounding name?  Schlitterbahn!

Of course, the key question is where South Texas begins and ends; we Americans think of it all as North Mexico.

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Yes, isn't that Waterslide there in New Brunsfels monikered with some German sounding name?  Schlitterbahn!

Of course, the key question is where South Texas begins and ends; we Americans think of it all as North Mexico.

Doesn't South Texas (or North Mexico) start at Brownsville and end at Dallas?  Lots of German influence in Corpus Christi, which truly is in South Texas.😉

Have others done this trip in the past?  I'm just looking for any feedback or suggestions on places to visit while I am down there.