Cadets probation lifted

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

You are right on target. I think the events of 2018 and early 2019, whether it be Cadets and GH, Pioneer, Oregon Crusaders, had many believe get rid of the person creating the situation, problem solved. Too simplistic. What has often been forgotten, and many past posts prove this, is the mess these folks leave behind, not to mention the lack of trust. 

Except Pioneer didn’t get rid of the problem. Maybe on paper they did but I’m willing to bet he’s still running things. Oh well, they’re history regardless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

You are right on target. I think the events of 2018 and early 2019, whether it be Cadets and GH, Pioneer, Oregon Crusaders, had many believe get rid of the person creating the situation, problem solved. Too simplistic. What has often been forgotten, and many past posts prove this, is the mess these folks leave behind, not to mention the lack of trust. 

Well I don’t recall a lot of admin overhaul other than Cadets 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Supposedly there was a reorganization of Pioneer’s BoD but there hasn’t been any announcement of a plan of action in regards to reapplying for DCI membership. 

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I tend to view the issues Cadets faced in a broader context, in part because the problem is not a drum corps only issue. The Cadets/YEA is not the only non profit organization that has dealt with abuse of power or abuse of power that has involved sexual misconduct or other criminal activity. Private schools, religious organizations, youth organizations, non profits in the medical field, and no doubt a host of others have discovered removing the person causing the problem stops the bleeding at best, cleaning up the mess created is far more difficult, and that’s my major point.

To be drum corps specific, I would agree Cadets overhaul is unique and if there has been a similar overhaul, I have never heard about it. Pioneer’s dysfunction is a case all its own. All I can say for certain regarding Oregon Crusaders is I could sense tension last summer which is at best speculative. However in the history of drum corps, there have been ego maniac directors who have done more harm than good, and corps that have had “financial problems” that the problem was embezzlement. Drum corps has many wonderful people involved, perhaps more than its fair share of eccentrics, and some doozies as well.

6 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Supposedly there was a reorganization of Pioneer’s BoD but there hasn’t been any announcement of a plan of action in regards to reapplying for DCI membership. 

No Roman no Pioneer. And Pio won’t make that change 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

No Roman no Pioneer. And Pio won’t make that change 

Sad, isn’t it? A three time world champion in their class goes out in a whimper in 36th place because of someone’s ego and stubbornness but it’s all about the kids, right? SMH. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Sad, isn’t it? A three time world champion in their class goes out in a whimper in 36th place because of someone’s ego and stubbornness but it’s all about the kids, right? SMH. 

Sometimes... people need to know they've had their run and need to pass the torch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, garfield said:

“Founder-itis” is a real thing.

This comment got me thinking of 27. The Bonfiglio family was 27 but even a storied, very traditional corps had the ability to change and boy did they change. I think their Sondheim show was one of the most radical departures in drums corps history. Alas, it didn’t make the cut  but it was an incredible attempt at “modernization”. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

This comment got me thinking of 27. The Bonfiglio family was 27 but even a storied, very traditional corps had the ability to change and boy did they change. I think their Sondheim show was one of the most radical departures in drums corps history. Alas, it didn’t make the cut  but it was an incredible attempt at “modernization”. 

And the Bonfiglios continue to make modern drum corps entertaining and excellent for many no matter what corps the girls are with.

• Like 3