What happens when a Corps folds?

On 5/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, BRASSO said:

I do know that copyrights and music licensing rights, name rights are not recognized in all Countries. For just one example of this, no Corps could start a Drum Corps in the US or Canada with the name " The 27th Lancers ", nor a name close to that.. This name is legally not allowed to be utilized without the expressed permission of its owners of that name.. even though this former Corps has not existed for decades. Whether or not there  is a Statute of Limitations in the US for such name preservation, I'm unsure of.( Perhaps others might know)

But as I stated, not all Countries recognize US Copyrights and Music Licensing Laws. As such, a Corps abroad in such a Country could indeed start up a Corps And call them themselves the " 27th Lancers "  or the " New 27th Lancers " or any name  they want and indeed play whatever music they want, and not pay a dime to any holder of that music licensing rights. And thats precisely what happened in the Philippines. They started up a Drum Corps there called the " New 27th Lancers ",  several years back, and there is nothing to prevent them there from utilizing that name and playing whatever they want in music ( the Corps is even currently depicted on You Tube. and has been for years now.  )

Oh danny boy ................... you mother was a .......... 

We gave all we had..... etc etc nothing left to give. :notme:

Another thing that happens when a corps folds is that the former members grow up to be middle-age parents with unfulfilled dreams,  and coerce their children into being in drum Corps. 

Posting for a friend...

5 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Another thing that happens when a corps folds is that the former members grow up to be middle-age parents with unfulfilled dreams,  and coerce their children into being in drum Corps. 

Posting for a friend...

Never did any such thing.

Posting for myself.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, E3D said:

Oh danny boy ................... you mother was a .......... 

We gave all we had..... etc etc nothing left to give. :notme:

We gave our all.  We have nothing left to give.  Goodbye.  27

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I have no idea. i can assume though.

psst. It's presume.  Assume means "to go up"...  Like Bluecoats not Blue Coats.

Edited by xandandl