Corps Personalities

All corps have their own identities that is portrayed in public and within themselves. While most corps have a personality just by being who they are, such as the Cavaliers, the overall sense of that identity changes from year to year within the corps.

What was the personality of your corps when you marched? 

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Don't fornicate with us!

I'd like to be able to say that was the case with us every year, but it wasn't. Some years it was walk all over us, we don't care, others it was we've got it together this time bring it on and still other years it was we're pretty dang good but evidently not as good as we thought. A lot different in the old days than from today I think in that with so many corps out there in the ancient times, there were hundreds of different corps personalities. Today, it seems to me anyway, while still some subtle differences, there's more of a robotic feel to things. I wouldn't say cookie cutter-like, but the best shows to me are when it's clear that the kids are having fun and not so much everything by the book. 

We were the N.Y. Skyliners of the 1960's...so if anyone on here goes back that far, our personality was: play hard, drink hard, fight hard  , love hard  and always hate the Hawthorne  Caballeros

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Capital Regiment 2004 & 2005: Trying to be junior Cadets and fighting for top 12, but completely falling apart at the seams.

Cadets 2006: Trying to totally reinvent the activity, but struggling and beating members into the ground.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

And no one else was like you.

Imagine what we could have been with your horn line. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Imagine what we could have been with your horn line. 

A friend and I actually considered going to 27 after 77.  We were going to live with his grandma in Massachusetts but we chickened out and marched in Guardsmen. 

• Like 1