Chops and MBI

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

What these corps needed was what the Northeast had - the option of a logical, satisfying season of events in their own region.  That was never part of the DCA agenda.

Which is why the majority of non-northeast corps have more DCI shows on their schedules than DCA shows.  It makes more economic sense for those corps to begin and end their seasons in the same time frame as DCI corps.  Not to mention, more recruiting opportunities by not losing potential members because they’re not available Labor Day weekend. 

One problem with DCA is change.  They need some younger members within the governing body with new ideas and give some better direction for the future.  I bet DCA leadership will continue ignoring the Labor Day weekend issues and keep drinking there beer and eating some hotdogs looking at 7 corps compete.  You know the price of admission will continue to rise despite 7 corps but there having a great time here on labor day with 800-900 in attendance for 2022!!! Please.........don't make me laugh.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gregory11 said:

One problem with DCA is change.  They need some younger members within the governing body with new ideas and give some better direction for the future.  I bet DCA leadership will continue ignoring the Labor Day weekend issues and keep drinking there beer and eating some hotdogs looking at 7 corps compete.  You know the price of admission will continue to rise despite 7 corps but there having a great time here on labor day with 800-900 in attendance for 2022!!! Please.........don't make me laugh.  

small problem with your scenario ( not that I disagree with most of what you said)

they seem wedded to Williamsport, i've heard rumors of extensions of the contract....and you can't drink alcohol on school grounds.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

small problem with your scenario ( not that I disagree with most of what you said)

they seem wedded to Williamsport, i've heard rumors of extensions of the contract....and you can't drink alcohol on school grounds.

Just when I need it most...bench seats and no railings 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Just when I need it most...bench seats and no railings 

well, I quit going to dci cuz of a "childish" reason - no variety of finals location. If they stay in Wmsport, I can quit them for an adult (safety) reason

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I just read that Highland Regiment has gone inactive.  Down to 14. 

where is that? their website still talks about the March camp

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

where is that? their website still talks about the March camp

Per their Facebook page:  

Highland Arts regrets to announce that Highland Regiment will go inactive for the coming competitive season.  A variety of factors led to this decision. 

Best wishes to all for the coming drum corps season.