Chops and MBI

15 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

It is on their Facebook page.

This is getting like a NASA countdown...

well i guess everyone gets a Sunday night slot!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dbriggs said:

ok, 6pm this year. from 4? before. little better. and sun/heat no guarantee anyway

It's odd. When I marched, the heat didn't bother me. Actually for about 10 years after I stopped marching it didn't bother me. Now I'm in my late 40's and swear that the giant, flaming ball of death gas is out to personally kill me. Then again. I do live in Tennessee where it's already 100+ degrees with 2000% relative humidity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

It's odd. When I marched, the heat didn't bother me. Actually for about 10 years after I stopped marching it didn't bother me. Now I'm in my late 40's and swear that the giant, flaming ball of death gas is out to personally kill me. Then again. I do live in Tennessee where it's already 100+ degrees with 2000% relative humidity. 

The stadium faces the sunset.  I think that’s what @dbriggs is referring to. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The stadium faces the sunset.  I think that’s what @dbriggs is referring to

Oh yes. It does. I was just referring to my waning power over the Sun as I age. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, dbriggs said:

hmm... maybe they can start after the sun stops blinding and frying the fans

same amount of corps as last year. Well at least for now. Who knows what else may lurk. maybe they can start lining up some exhibitions

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 9:54 AM, Jeff Ream said:

So I hit the wrong tab on the DCA page and noticed Chops and MBI are no longer listed on the corps page. Are they no longer coming out this summer?

That is correct. Neither corps will be participating in DCA this summer. Both corps will still be seen at Minnesota shows and in Indy at the Soundsport finals.

Changing times mean a change of focus and a rethinking of what’s best for organizations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1