Colts 2019 - When Hell Freezes Over

6 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Hello generic drum corps. All you corps now pretty much look the same. Is that what you’re going for?

The argument could certainly be made that most (not all) corps uniforms were way more generic looking BITD. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

The argument could certainly be made that most (not all) corps uniforms were way more generic looking BITD. 

The argument could be made. It would be wrong, but it could be made. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

The local-circuit junior corps where I marched BITD... our red cadet-jacket uniforms resembled those of either the NY Skyliners or Boston Crusaders.

Unfortunately, that is where the comparison ended, since both those corps were light-years better than us.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

6 hours ago, xandandl said:

Is this a Midwestern thing?

The Orange Cavaliers and tough guy pants like PR tried a few years past?

I snort laughed at tough guy pants. Reminds me of Tina Fey’s book Bossy Pants. Colts are the last corps I expected to go “edgy”. I hope they do it with a nod and a wink and don’t take themselves too seriously. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is a season debut I’m particularly anxious to see —- the corps has been steadily building the last two summers, and their late season push towards finals last year was really fun to watch. All the reports during the off season was that we should expect them to pick up where they left off, and I can’t wait to see if that’s the case! The show sounds very interesting and out of the box for them!