Pioneer coming to DCA???

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

here's wat you're not etting:

Pioneer is Roman. Roman is Pioneer. You can't have one without the other, and there's still a serious level of denial as to what got them suspended from DCI.

Most people outside the Midwest don’t get it.  He has been “the guy” at Pioneer since I was 16 years old. I’m 61. 

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I wonder if anyone at DCA even knows.

Don't worry, they know.😉

58 minutes ago, HBD said:

Don't worry, they know.😉

I figured. usually i get hate mail when they know, hence why i asked

• Haha 1

facepalm.jpg

That is all......

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 8:07 AM, BigW said:

The change in Corps Director still doesn't change the upper management issues, nor the underlying serious issues with infrastructure that have been well known for some time. Also, how many creative constraints are placed on the new director?

I'm left shaking my head on it. Perhaps given that many DCA units right now are struggling to get enough individuals to field  this season, maybe they think they have some leverage.

In any evaluation, there world be some serious hard questions like the above and likely more coming from me. I'd like to see the buses and any maintenance records for starters.

Good points. Right now there are just too many unanswered questions. All I can say is that IF Pioneer wants to come to DCA, would DCA be willing to even allow it to happen? I mean Dad (DCI) just told you to do your chores and clean your house and you gave him the finger and told him to essentially "#### off." Is Mom (DCA) not aware that the same thing is going to happen to her whenever Roman decides that he makes up the rules and not the other way around?

As we have all said, Roman is Pioneer whether the members and staff and even some supporters want to argue the point or not. The pure irony of the term "dictator" being of Roman origin is certainly not wasted on any of us here. 

When Pioneer was declared "ineligible" was is specifically for the fact that Roman refused to step aside or was it for the financial issues, membership concerns with safety and wellness etc?  Wouldn't those issues still have to be cleared up in order to be eligible for DCA (IF that is in fact what Pioneer is intending to do?)

Bottom line, and my opinion only... as long as RB is involved with the corps, and he apparently will be forever... then Pioneer going anywhere should be a non-starter, period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

14 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Good points. Right now there are just too many unanswered questions. All I can say is that IF Pioneer wants to come to DCA, would DCA be willing to even allow it to happen? I mean Dad (DCI) just told you to do your chores and clean your house and you gave him the finger and told him to essentially "#### off." Is Mom (DCA) not aware that the same thing is going to happen to her whenever Roman decides that he makes up the rules and not the other way around?

As we have all said, Roman is Pioneer whether the members and staff and even some supporters want to argue the point or not. The pure irony of the term "dictator" being of Roman origin is certainly not wasted on any of us here. 

When Pioneer was declared "ineligible" was is specifically for the fact that Roman refused to step aside or was it for the financial issues, membership concerns with safety and wellness etc?  Wouldn't those issues still have to be cleared up in order to be eligible for DCA (IF that is in fact what Pioneer is intending to do?)

it was because of all of the above...especially when Roman gave that interview where he basically showed how out of touch he really is

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it was because of all of the above...especially when Roman gave that interview where he basically showed how out of touch he really is

Thank Jeff. That's what I thought. 

So here is my question for all of you who are rule aficionado's. Would a corps which has been suspended in DCI be allowed to compete in DCA while their suspension is in place?  

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Thank Jeff. That's what I thought. 

So here is my question for all of you who are rule aficionado's. Would a corps which has been suspended in DCI be allowed to compete in DCA while their suspension is in place?  

I think there is a rule that you have to take off a year if you want to move from DCI to DCA.. 

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think there is a rule that you have to take off a year if you want to move from DCI to DCA.. 

Thank you Terri. I would HOPE that DCA has some common sense and calls it a non-starter if Pioneer hasn't solved any of their health/safety issues, sex-offender policies and financial/mechanical issues with their buses etc. But I guess we truly don't even know if Pio plans to really come to DCA or not at this point. I could be speculating for nothing. 

• Like 1