Pioneer coming to DCA???

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Would a corps which has been suspended in DCI be allowed to compete in DCA while their suspension is in place?  

Sure... if they pass a DCA evaluation.  But the evaluation process should consider the same factors that got the corps suspended from DCI in the first place, so what are the chances they would pass?

18 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Sure... if they pass a DCA evaluation.  But the evaluation process should consider the same factors that got the corps suspended from DCI in the first place, so what are the chances they would pass?

That's what would frighten me is the "should" part of that equation. Since DCA (as far as I know) is not technically associated directly with DCI, is there anything in place that those items leading to suspension would HAVE to be taken into consideration. I guess we will have to see what the intention is first and then the results. I'll stop beating the horse now. 

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Thank you Terri. I would HOPE that DCA has some common sense and calls it a non-starter if Pioneer hasn't solved any of their health/safety issues, sex-offender policies and financial/mechanical issues with their buses etc. But I guess we truly don't even know if Pio plans to really come to DCA or not at this point. I could be speculating for nothing. 

I think it’s wishful thinking on their part. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think it’s wishful thinking on their part. 

On DCA's or Pio's Terri?

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Pioneer but has anyone ever failed a DCA evaluation?

I was trying to find what the criteria was for evaluation but I can't track them down. I wouldn't think it would be THAT secret squirrel to not be able to find evaluation info.  

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Pioneer but has anyone ever failed a DCA evaluation? 

Southern Knights were denied in 2016 (I do not know why).  They fielded anyway, appearing in exhibition at southern DCA events and even getting scored at local DCI shows.  They passed evaluation in 2017.

• Thanks 1

Pioneer announced several months ago that the trip to DCA in 2019 was to allow their members to compete in the Individual and Ensemble competition (as Pioneer Alumni, presumably). No evaluation is needed for I & E.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Thank Jeff. That's what I thought. 

So here is my question for all of you who are rule aficionado's. Would a corps which has been suspended in DCI be allowed to compete in DCA while their suspension is in place?  

i can't imagine. I mean DCA has made some dumb ### decisions over the years, but nothing that stupid

Edited by Jeff Ream

13 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Thank you Terri. I would HOPE that DCA has some common sense and calls it a non-starter if Pioneer hasn't solved any of their health/safety issues, sex-offender policies and financial/mechanical issues with their buses etc. But I guess we truly don't even know if Pio plans to really come to DCA or not at this point. I could be speculating for nothing. 

When Pio had a meeting of some sort last fall and mentioned DCA, i sent the link to some people involved in DCA. Needless to say they weren't pleased. I mean they can't get 4000 paid to a high school stadium without adequate safety railings or truly accessible amenities or parking, but they can't truly be that hard up they'd let pioneer given the press.