Pioneer coming to DCA???

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Pioneer but has anyone ever failed a DCA evaluation? 

well i do believe DCA made Southern Knights wait a year before coming to finals. Not sure if thats a failure or not

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well i do believe DCA made Southern Knights wait a year before coming to finals. Not sure if thats a failure or not

They were not allowed to compete at DCA South shows either... could only perform in exhibition.

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

They were not allowed to compete at DCA South shows either... could only perform in exhibition.

then something with the evaluation didn't work. Who knows. DCA is even less transparent than DCI, and I'm sure i'll get hate mail for being one of those internet trolls complained about at awards, but can't deny the facts. I'm sure with all of this getting released here as opposed to being released by the stellar PR team, there's probably gag orders flying around

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

then something with the evaluation didn't work. Who knows. DCA is even less transparent than DCI, and I'm sure i'll get hate mail for being one of those internet trolls complained about at awards, but can't deny the facts. I'm sure with all of this getting released here as opposed to being released by the stellar PR team, there's probably gag orders flying around

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2019 at 7:59 AM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Thank Jeff. That's what I thought. 

So here is my question for all of you who are rule aficionado's. Would a corps which has been suspended in DCI be allowed to compete in DCA while their suspension is in place?  

Both are separate entities. If one would suspend a given organization, in theory, the other might find nothing wrong and extend rights to compete, etc.

Now, when common sense kicks in here... One would like, no LOVE to believe that the decision makers in the other group would say, well, there was a good reason they suspended them, and we'd better take a good, hard look at these people and go through things with a VERY fine toothed comb (maybe a flea comb) before we just open our door of hospitality to them.

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

IIRC that wasn't a 'failure', Jeff. If my memory serves me right, DCA felt that they would financially risk their nest egg/financial kernel had they spent the kind of money they needed to spend to come to Rochester that year. I view that more as just prudence and caring for the long term stability of a potential competitor rather than 'Failing' them. To me 'failing' someone would be something a bit more... hmm, don't get me started down that road. :innocent:

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 10:08 AM, Jeff Ream said:

here's what you're not getting:

Pioneer is Roman. Roman is Pioneer. You can't have one without the other, and there's still a serious level of denial as to what got them suspended from DCI.

I get that....it was a rather innocently worded leading question. :satisfied: Then the next question would be this.... WHY would one be so foolish/stupid/idiotic as to risk their rep over dealing with RB knowing this issue? Does this mean we see this cat resign soon over realizing he has no real control or say over anything?

On 5/24/2019 at 10:06 AM, Jeff Ream said:

they had a director with a different name in the fall, the problem was THE name still all over everything else

Which has caused a lot of people to think about things for quite awhile. I have been wondering why they haven't figured out some way to divest themselves and hand it over to responsible and capable individuals smoothly and quickly for some time. The only reasonable answer is that there's some skeleton in some closet or fear that someone will discover something somewhere they don't realize might be construed as wrong or inept.

I know that might not be nice as per some of RB's posts to stop picking on him, but...look- I have no dog in the fight except to see groups managed ethically, competently, and for the kids to be treated right.  Right now, THAT is why I'm not so nice and rather skeptical. After years of some of this going on and everyone kind of looking the other way and sadly shrugging their shoulders...

46 minutes ago, BigW said:

Which has caused a lot of people to think about things for quite awhile. I have been wondering why they haven't figured out some way to divest themselves and hand it over to responsible and capable individuals smoothly and quickly for some time. The only reasonable answer is that there's some skeleton in some closet or fear that someone will discover something somewhere they don't realize might be construed as wrong or inept.

Because it's the family business, they will continue to operate the bingo game and anything else that pulls in money. They will never give it up. As long as they have 3 people walking down a parade route or 1 or 2 people competing in the DCA I&E they can continue to fundraise.

Its too lucrative to walk away from, it's the family business! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBD said:

Because it's the family business, they will continue to operate the bingo game and anything else that pulls in money. They will never give it up. As long as they have 3 people walking down a parade route or 1 or 2 people competing in the DCA I&E they can continue to fundraise.

Its too lucrative to walk away from, it's the family business! 

How much a year are they getting out of this? I know there are a few readers who are good at fact finding through public documents as to how much any of them make off Pioneer at least what is declared for legal purposes.

In terms of 'family business'… I'd have to have 60-80+k a year before taxes to make that worthwhile. IIRC, I'd be CHEAP.