Drum finishes 2019

17 hours ago, quietcity said:

Point of order: Guardsmen last used Vistalite drums in, I believe, 1976. Vistalite drums were a passing 1970s fad, like pet rocks or disco. 

cf. answer to post further on.  This thread may have to be re-routed soon to "Historical Junior Corps" with these posts from Dinos and Dino-noobies.:laugh:

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

As for old school finishes, don't forget SCV's original copper wrapped Slingerlands. Best looking finish of the early to mid 70s, unless you count Bridgemen's yellow tiger striped drums from the first years of DCI.😀

I think it was '85 or '86 that SCV had the Champagne Sparkle Premier Reso's. Maybe they were pink sparkle. Whichever they were...they were freakin' gorgeous. God I loved those Premier drums. Then the HTS 484 came out with it's impossible tuning and dropped off the DCI radar. I still have my 484 from my last year. 

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

cf. answer to post further on.  This thread may have to be re-routed soon to "Historical Junior Corps" with these posts from Dinos and Dino-noobies.😃

True LOL. I don't think I even fall under a dino although my girlfriend would disagree. 

But to come back to topic, I think it was Jeff who talked about the digital printing etc and he's right. You can do just about anything with the finishes now. They can add a little bit to the visual effect on the positive end or be completely distracting (*cough*2014bluedevils*cough*) on the other end. 

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I think it was '85 or '86 that SCV had the Champagne Sparkle Premier Reso's. Maybe they were pink sparkle. Whichever they were...they were freakin' gorgeous. God I loved those Premier drums. Then the HTS 484 came out with it's impossible tuning and dropped off the DCI radar. I still have my 484 from my last year. 

pink sparkle. in fact in my DCA corps we wanted them, and management wouldn't get them, so we wore pink bandannas as a protest/tribute under our aussies while suffering with blue Stingrays

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

pink sparkle. in fact in my DCA corps we wanted them, and management wouldn't get them, so we wore pink bandannas as a protest/tribute under our aussies while suffering with blue Stingrays

Suffering is right LOL. With the weight of those drums it gives a whole new meaning to "Let's strap on the pigs!"