Minnesota Brass Returns To Soundsport In 2019

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Fusion's organization does have a winter guard. When you look at the makeup of many of the NE DCA corps at least, their members are out there in various HS and independent groups already. Putting out an indoor group isnt cheap and it's not like DCA corps are rolling in the dough...even some DCI organizations pulled back on indoor programs. 

CV tried with CVI and lasted a few seasons. Now I think they're associated with Q2 if I'm not mistaken. Although we lack Drum Corps in the south, you can't walk through any large southern city without tripping over 2247 WGI groups....it's very weird. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Fusion's organization does have a winter guard. When you look at the makeup of many of the NE DCA corps at least, their members are out there in various HS and independent groups already. Putting out an indoor group isnt cheap and it's not like DCA corps are rolling in the dough...even some DCI organizations pulled back on indoor programs. 

I could be wrong, but I've always heard that Fusion the WG and Fusion the drum corps are two entirely separate and independent organizations?

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 11:03 PM, Jeff Ream said:

many corps work around indoor

Yes they do and MBI is proof of that. Soundsport is DCI answer to stay relative to WGI's growing popularity. Interested  to see if the WGI/System Blue I&E competitions succeed.

10 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

I could be wrong, but I've always heard that Fusion the WG and Fusion the drum corps are two entirely separate and independent organizations?

That is correct, Especially now. There is zero connection. The entire guardstaff the last few years has left the field corps also.

19 hours ago, BigW said:

Maybe then, just thinking... some of the corps need to enter some kind of 'strategic partnership/support/affiliation/friendship/call it what one will' with some of those organizations? I appreciate the explanation- strong points, very strong. And seriously, that's a lot to think hard about and try and work out a good/better situation from.

well Classics for years shared members and staff with the Bucs, now Bucs staff are at Field of View I think. Amp, Black Watch and more all have ties to various corps for staff and members

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

well Classics for years shared members and staff with the Bucs, now Bucs staff are at Field of View I think. Amp, Black Watch and more all have ties to various corps for staff and members

My guess is that there's a  strong correlation between these connections now and the overall health and success of the corps.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 4:46 PM, gregory11 said:

My question is, " what should DCA do about Labor Day"?  Some organizations aren't excited about making changes.  Many would rather stay the course to prove people wrong, then give in to the masses despite hurting the activity in the long term.  

It’s just one big I told u show from here on out