Live Streaming Video

8 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Will they be offering an internet broadcast package like in previous years?   Last years package was a disappointment, but I might try it again.  

I suppose the cost will be higher. 

https://www.flomarching.com/events/6198012-2019-flomarching-streaming-schedule

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the annual membership last week, and since then the price has gone up.  It was bad enough when they stopped offering the monthly rate with the ability to cancel after DCI finals.  Considering how bad some of non finals week streams were last year you would think they wouldn't so fast to increase the price or change how memberships  could be purchased.

13 hours ago, bluesman said:

I looked at the annual membership last week, and since then the price has gone up.  It was bad enough when they stopped offering the monthly rate with the ability to cancel after DCI finals.  Considering how bad some of non finals week streams were last year you would think they wouldn't so fast to increase the price or change how memberships  could be purchased.

I see the statement on the link:

Plans from $12.50/month. (Annual Subscription)

Cancel anytime.

monthly

$29.99/mo

Stream unlimited marching events

Access the full library of FloMarching Originals

Get HD-quality streams and videos

See fewer ads

Watch anytime, anywhere with the FloSports iOS, Apple TV (4th gen), and Roku apps

Not sure where you see that the monthly option has gone away.  This is pricing as of 12 June 2019.  They have changed the price in the past right before the season starts.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Wow, I really can't believe they increased the price by 50% after how terrible the quality has been these past few years.

This year I'll just be doing 2 months worth for the summer. I didn't end up watching any BOA or WGI shows this past year. Turns out I only like drum corps, I guess.

• Like 1

What ever problems people had with streaming last year were not the fault of Flomarching unless they can somehow send perfect streams to some and crappy one's to others.  The only problem we had last year was during one show and it was out internet connection.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, cage said:

What ever problems people had with streaming last year were not the fault of Flomarching unless they can somehow send perfect streams to some and crappy one's to others.  The only problem we had last year was during one show and it was out internet connection.

The issue is more the incredibly low bitrate of the stream itself. The fastest Internet in the world can't fix that.

25 minutes ago, cage said:

it's never Flo's fault, ask them. Even when it is

• Like 3

I hope they change my mind, but FLOmarching is crap.... 

Spend more money to have multiple cameras at more than one show a year and less on editorials that add little to the overall enjoyment. Add more mics to cover the actual show. Increase the quality of the streams (bitrate)

The most important product you have is on the field and how well it is covered. Everything else nobody cares about and nobody is paying for. 

2 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

The issue is more the incredibly low bitrate of the stream itself. The fastest Internet in the world can't fix that.

Explain why my feed was always great.

• Like 1