Did anyone see any live drum corps Memorial Day?

So far we've only had press releases and limited snap shots of auditions or mini-camps this weekend.

Did anyone actually see an Open Class drum corps outside this weekend?  Parades are not only appropriate community events to honor those who sacrificed in service to our nation but are also great public relations links with the same local communities to whom corps annually go shako in hand begging for monies. Probably many lurkers, posters, and readers were once inspired to pursue an interest in drum corps through similar events. The California corps in Open class are staying home this season partially to rebuild these same links and to inspire their republicans in the Republic of California (pun intended.)

Parades can also tell us how big a corps is this season, how a guard or hornline is functioning in terms of espirit and depth, is the drum line gelling yet?  What do the get-ups look like?

Spartans, Legends, anyone out there this weekend?  Do tell?  Share your photos and reactions. Thanx

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I think Spartans are out this weekend for a parade in Dorchester for their first appearance.  I always see both Spartans and 7th Regiment out for the first time at the Bunker Hill Day Parade in Boston (Coming up June 16th). I know they both are scheduled to appear there. For me Bunker Hill Day is the official start of Drum Corps season!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...